Tooshort90

How to connect my laptop to internet away from home!

Hello, please help I received a laptop for Xmas and I can connect to the internet when at home, but away from home I can not connect to internet using my wi-fi......I have a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5900....Do I need to buy more accs. to hook into internet when away from home? I'm not picking up any available networks to connect to.....If you have a step by step solution to fix my problem I apprc it.  Thanks
"Here We Go Steelers!"
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: How to connect my laptop to internet away from home!

Satellite L305D-S5900

I can connect to the internet when at home, but away from home I can not connect to internet using my wi-fi

If you can connect via wireless at home, you should be able to connect elsewhere. See this document for tips.

Connecting to Wireless Networks with Windows Vista

-Jerry
Tooshort90

Thanks Jerry stand by to see what happens I will try the info you sent me check back on thurs night or friday to see what happened. 
"Here We Go Steelers!"
Tooshort90

Hey Jerry still out there?  well I tried some of that and nothing is working I think the the next time I take computer away from home I will call my ISP and see what they come up with and get me connected to the internet plus I want to go to library and see if I can connect there(haven't tried that yet!).  Type at you later!!!  
"Here We Go Steelers!"
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Good luck at the library. Maybe you can get some assistance there.
-Jerry