MikeAnthony
Accepted Solution

Driver for PA3299U-1MPC wireless card inside A15-S127

After doing a complete restore on my A15-S127, my WiFi card, which was functioning perfectly before, is no longer recognised by the computer.

I'm 99% certain that all I need is the right software driver to make it work again.

I've tried these two downloads from the Toshiba Support Site but they didn't help:

The WiFi card is a PA3299U-1MPC
Immediately after restoring this machine, I went to Windows Update (using a wired connection) and reinstalled all the updates for XP Home.
So I have Wndows XP Home with SP3.  That's what I was using prior to the restore and the WiFi was working fine with it.  
The worst part about all this is that I installed the WiFi card myself about three years ago and now I don't remember where I got the software driver!
MikeAnthony

Re: Driver for PA3299U-1MPC wireless card inside A15-S127

Can anybody suggest where to look?

Thanks,

Mike

MikeAnthony

I fixed it!

Here's the solution for anyone that has the same problem:

Go to the Toshiba tech support site and do a search on the following:  Atheros WiFi driver v2.4.2.14

Your search should find a wireless LAN driver set that includes two Intel drivers, a Cisco driver, and the Atheros driver that you need.

Download and run this file and your WiFi card should be enabled.

Why Toshiba doesn't include this driver in the list of available drivers for the Satellite A15-S127, I have no idea. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Go to the Toshiba tech support site and do a search on the following:  Atheros WiFi driver v2.4.2.14

Why Toshiba doesn't include this driver in the list of available drivers for the Satellite A15-S127, I have no idea. 

I don't have any trouble at the web site. The driver is listed.

Atheros 802.11a/b/g WiFi driver with Cisco/WPA support for Windows XP/2000  

-Jerry