wayout
Accepted Solution

Can't turn on wireless for SATELLITE L775D-S7340

Hi,

I've read the other posts for this problem, but don't know if all the same applies to my model.

I had a problem opening windows, which initiated a windows repair operation.  Following that repair, I couldn't operate my wireless connection, or turn it on with the Fn 8 button.  The Fn button doesn't even show up when I turn on the Fn panel, & I don't remember where I saw it, but my wireless is disabled.  I tried doing a system restore to a later date, with no luck.  I think this is related to a windows automatic update.

I don't think there's another way to turn on the wireless other than the Fn 8 button, is there?

I'm operating with windows 7 & a "realtek" WiFi card. 

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Dennis  

wayout

Re: Can't turn on wireless for SATELLITE L775D-S7340

Resolved.

I'm disappointed No-one responded to this, but in case anybody cares; I downloaded a Toshiba update that was in cue & the Fn 8 key reappeared.  I was then able to turn on the wireless antenna.  I have since changed to Windows updates setting to "ask me".

cbee

Just logged on, saw this post. Am having a similar problem after a "restart repair" recovery. No FN F8 shows, no wifi. what toshiba update did you download to repair?

cbee

Thanks for the post, was able to find recent BIOS update and was able to restore my FN  F8 indicator for wireless and turn it back on. Thanks again.