Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Can't turn on wireless capability!

Try a System Restore back to just before you started having problems.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
dids114

Thanks but I've already tried that and no success.
ITSRepair

Any help on my issue?  I am still stumped after trying all my troubleshooting.  

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

I personally would try System Restore a second and even third time using different files before I would go further.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
ITSRepair

Thanks for your response.  

A system restore won't do me any good since this is a fresh install of Windows XP.  It may be the driver issue but I cannot find another driver that will work with this specific card.  

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

ITSRepair--I should have addressed my last response to dids114.

C.B.

dids114

Thanks. Sorry I am not sure what an 'ITS' repair is.
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

ITSRepair is the author of the post just above mine!!!

C.B.

dids114

Sorry. Been a long day
saetamortal

My problem is similar to others in this thread regarding Fn buttons.

I have a355-sp7927c, the satellite with the various lights (mute, media, playpause, stop, etc.). Lets name them lunimous media buttons. LMB.

I upgraded to win 7 64bits, installed drivers. And some things do not work properly.

My Fn keys can activate the arrows and some other blue labeled functions except the ones I need.

I need to adjust brightness with Fn + F6 or Fn + F7. in fact most F keys functions dont work

So far I detected that all Fn buttons work fine if I uninstall the (toshiba value added package) TVAP.

But uninstalling TVAP leaves me without the LMBs that stop working.

Ive read everything and have no clue about fixing my problem without the right tvap.

I downloaded the ones that are on the Toshiba site, listed clearly under win 7 64 bit selection, no mistake.

2 Files:

utils_tvap_TC200443200A

also tested acpi_util_tvap_TC00215000H

Both make the LMBs work, but kill the Fn brightness.

Ive tried both tvap files, and dont think I should use another one from a different laptop model.

Maybe its a button press config. Im missing to enable brightness.

So far the easy way is blame Toshiba for either putting the wrong tvaps under win7 64 or making faulty tvaps.

Any ideas. Thanks.

ammar_boss1

Re: Can't turn on function capability!

[ Edited ]

Dear Mike,

I did all what you suggested to do before I wrote my tag, but I did the steps again as you mentioned but still have the sane problem,

due to my "fn" buttom it is working because when I press it with f5,f6, and f7 it works without having the tvap or tfcu installed

I think that toshiba must solve this issue by installing a new version of the driver for TVAP or TFCU and solve the problem from its roots

Mirza

Hye Mike.. 

I reinstalled Windows 7 64-Bit on my Satellite A665-S6086 and installed all the Toshiba utlilites on it. But some of my media control buttons are not working. eg; my Eco button does produce a sound when i press it, but it doesn't activate my Eco environment, i have to switch it on from the start menu.. Also my Illumination on/off button is not working.. Before installing new windows, when i used to press volume mute button, it showed a mute icon on the screen, but it is not.. what may be the reason please ?

Thanks

piersonrife

[ Edited ]

I am having a similar issue with my Satelite L665D-S5076. My WiFI is working, but I cannot use FlashCards, or any other means, to turn off the WiFI in cases where I don't need it, short of going into Windows and disabling the card. My Dev. Manager is showing an Atheros PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controler and a Realtek Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC. Not sure if the issue has anything to do with the two different companies, or if it is something else. I do have flashcards installed, but like many others have complained, it does not show the f8 function. I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate, with an upgraded hard drive. Doing a Toshiba System Restore is not an option, as I do not have the restore partition on the computer, nore do I have any factory restore disks. Can you please help me out with this issue?

mohaamadq

Hey Mike, I sort of have the same problem. I have the added value pack for windows 7 32bit. when I hold down the FN key I can see all the black cards on top of the screen. But f8 isnt there, so I cant toggle my wifi on. I have a realtek driver.

DrMad

[ Edited ]

Hi. I have Satellite L650-BT2N15. I reinstalled windows 7 64, then I can't turn off wi-fi. It always on. Flash cards doesn't show wifi, only Bluetooth. I tried reinstalling TVAP, didn't help. Anyone please help.

GLAndrew

Hi I have a satellite a665-s6094, and my wireless capability isn't working even when I try to use the wireless button on the bar near the power switch. It just won't work and I don't know how to fix it.
tederer

I have a foreign exchange student from Germany in my house. She has a satellite pro L550-19E with her that we set up to access our wireless. It worked fine for a few days. Then it didn't see any networks and looked like the wireless switch was toggled off. Went through the F8 toggles a few times and even though it says on, there was never any signal. We toggled on the Bluetooth and then tried toggling them both on and off, with no change. Now there is no longer a wireless toggle, only a bluetooth on/off. Although the wireless is not available and the bluetooth is toggled off, the indicator led is still lit as if one were on. Here's the kicker - the wireless adaptor is no longer in the system device list. I have tried the toshiba reset you have outlined below, including the bios default boot, with no change. I have tried the Microsoft Fix it application and it says there are no problems. Is it possible the wireless card has come unplugged from the board? She also has pushed the headphone jack hard enough to remove it from its mount and it is floating around inside the case. Could it have found its way to the wireless card and caused a problem? Did I mention it's running Win 7 - 32 bit, in German? Yes, I've become pretty good at reading windows prompts in German. Anyway, I am pretty comfortable with both software and hardware fixes, although I'd prefer not to wipe the system and reload it since it's not mine and it's all in German, and all of the recovery discs are in Germany. What other options are there? Without pulling the case I can't be sure what wireless card was in there. The wired LAN seems to be working ok though.
alex888

you're a legend, miker643! all other solutions presented elsewhere (and all due respect, they would have been useful had their fundamental assumption been correct) assumed that the system recognised the wifi card in the first place. which mine did not. therefor no amount of driver reinstalling helped, no config settings in any of the multitude of software tools provided any solution.

i went for the 30 sec reset, load defaults and save in BIOS, and lo, there was light, peace and happiness in the world.

much respect.

mad_max_73

[ Edited ]

After some searches i've found a solution that worked. 

Bypassing the hardware switch:

http://www.notebookforums.com/t/225429/broken-wireless-hardware-switch-fix

To do it I had to remove the keyboard to access the wifi card in my case....someone else could have the card on the laptop bottom.

Sorry this is a link to another forum ...maybe is not allowed by forum rules 

hippotallamus

Hello Mike

I have Toshiba Satellite U305-S7467

several day before, i got my laptop couldn't detect WIFI adapter, i check device manager and there is nothing there in network..i was restart the computer, use option "last known good configuration" n then the wifi back to normal..

in the evening i was turn off my laptop, and try to use it the next day but the wifi lost again..

i follow ur advice, step by step (properly reset by unplug the battery and AC and go to bios)

and now my wifi back to live :smileyvery-happy:

Thx to you..

is that normal?? is that software or hardware failure??

i use windows 7 (32 bit)

and this laptop was an upgrade from windows vista to windows 7,,i lost flash card driver,,did ur link before supported for my laptop type??

sory for too many question..:smileyvery-happy:

Thx u