omaraffan

It worked

Mike you are a great man ....  I have a Satellite c660d  and I have the same problem

I did what you posted ( the basic system rest) and it worked ....   

thanks thanks thanks

Omar

boomer662

Re: Can't turn on wireless capability!

I have a Toshiba L655-S5158 with Windows 8, everything installed from Tosghiba Upgrade Application. However, my flash cards still do not restart. Pressing 'FN' key does not bring up the overlay and when search from Windows, I Type Flash in the search bar and nothing comes up in Apps or Settings regarding the flash cards to re-start. I've reinstalled TVAP and Flash Cards numerous time and the issue persists. In the control panel TVAP and Flash Cards appear under Programs and Features to uninstall but I am not able to access the Flash Cards program directly to re-start the service. Any help would be appreciate seeing how I'm connected via ethernet, Wi-Fi is off via Windows settings but the WiFi light remains on, when it should be off. That's my issue...

CP111

Hello Mike,

(not sure if this is getting posted in the right place)

just got a used Toshiba Qosmio F45AV423 using Windows 7 32bit.

I'm not 100% sure where this happened, but I think it was when I tried to log into my friend's private network and we were messing around with the 'guest login'.  At least, that's when I think that this all started.

However, the end result is that the wireless began shutting down shortly afterwards.  For a little bit it would start up again when I restarted the computer.  Now, however, it does not come on at all.  I've already tried to deactivate the power saver stuff in the driver menus.  No dice there.

I saw that you had people download some programs for trouble shooting their similar problems, but since I know very little about programming and software I didnt' want to go downloading and installing stuff without asking you about my problem specifically.

Very frustrating, been at this for a minute.  I tried updating drives and heard that windows 7 sometimes blocks driver updates.  I've got two drivers in my network adapter running: The Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN and the RealTek PCIe FE Family Controller.  I just updated the RealTek from within the driver menu, but it did nothing to get my wifi working again.

Seems like you really know what time it is.  Would greatly appreciate the help my friend.

Thanks!

CP

mjb9995

My FN key won't work at all. I have a Satellite M645-S4048 running Windows 7 64-bit. At first I searched flash like you said and didn't get any results of flash cards, so I went to the download page for my model. I downloaded and installed my TVAP and rebooted. Now it shows up in search and I restarted and checked setting and it was not disabled, yet it is still not working. The hot keys across the top still work so I can use Wifi and volume control but I want to dim my display. The touch pad button works as well, just the Fn+whatever doesn't.

Fantasma

Hi ! I have a notebook NB505-SP0165, the wireless card was replaced by an Atheros AR5B97 and was installed in windows with latest drivers, but I can't turn on the device with F8 since it does not appear in the flash card menu (by pressing Fn key).

I have reinstalled the TVAP and the flash cards aplication but still not working.

Is there some solution for this issue? Thanks in advance.

A7Xbridge

Hello i am reading all these options to do for my wifi capabity tl turn on!!!! But a problem for me is how do i download and re install all those files? My laptop has zero wi fi and i have no idea why. So i cant get on internet to download...
crisnazi

tengo  una satellite p755-s5263  todo funciona bien pero el wireless no enciende . descargue los driver y no hace nada

Tamie-Tam

HI, Im having the same problem... 

I'm using an old satellite model L40-17Q , PSL4CE - 00E005G3

running win 7 

I was running win xp but then i started having this problem and formated my HDD completely and  installed win 7 to see if the problem will still exist and unfortunately it didn't fix... 

the FN F8 key combination to turn on wireless doesn't work, the device manager is showing THIS , telling me that everything is ok with my WI-FI driver... 

to make sure i went to the toshiba suport download section and downloaded and updated everything available for this model for win 7, ( the wlan driver as well ) ... 

restarted , took out the battery, unplugged.... i did everything sugested in previous sections.... 

but here's what i think caused the problem .... I was messing with the laptop using ubuntu linux and after inputing this command into the linux commander : 

sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
wget http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-3-stable/v3.6/compat-wireless-3.6.2-1.tar.bz2
tar -jxf compat-wireless-3.6.2-1.tar.bz2
cd compat-wireless-3.6.2-1
wget http://patches.aircrack-ng.org/channel-negative-one-maxim.patch
sudo apt-get install patch
patch ./net/wireless/chan.c channel-negative-one-maxim.patch
make
sudo make install
sudo make unload
sudo reboot

is when everything started messing up.... basically when i was using linux my wireless worked normaly and wi-fi was showing all the networks but when i switched to windows the Fn+F8 combination didn't work any more so i had wi-fi on linux but not on windows..... thats why i completely formated my HDD and reseted everything i could and instaled new windows 7 32-bit and still have the same problem even tho the linux is long gone from the pc????

i obviously messed something up with that linux comand but now i have no idea how to undo what i've done and i could use all the help i can get.... 

a big thank you to whoever manages to help me out .... 

OldLady

This happened to me and I looked high and low on line and finally found the answer which is so simple.

Go to PROGRAM FILES/TOSHIBA/TBS

Scroll down.  There will be a picture of a wireless tower and it will say TBSWireless

Right click and then choose OPEN.  THat's it, that's all you have to do. 

This happens on my TOSHIBA laptop, wireless is off, I have no idea why, FN keys don't work, but this is so much easier than going back to factory settings.

Or you can try searching for TBSWireless.exe file.  Hope this helps someone in the future.

Luisd87

Can someone please let me find out what wifi card am I supposed to have? I have a L505D-6927R PSLV6U-00STM3. device manager won't show the wifi adapter. Tried installing Toshiba Utilities but have not been able to find the flash card utilities since the support page seems down for maintenance. I don't know if I have atheros, realtek or intel. Can someone provide the utilities I need to solve this problem?

Luisd87

By the way, I removed the battery and press the power button for 30 seconds to drain power. Did the reset for BIOS defaults. I added a legacy device on device manager and now a Realtek RTL8187B in there but has an exclamation mark that says (Device could not start Code 10) this is the version it shows 62.1182.331.2010. If I use the WPS utility says that the wifi adapter is not active. FN F8 does not work, the LED for wifi is steady amber. I do show other flash cards option but the f8. Wifi is enabled on BIOS. under adapter settings I only see LAN and Telephone access, no wifi. I am starting to give up, please help! I did download the flash utility but it appears it was for another model since it could not start up.

Lilliannaa

there is such an easier way....  click on your control panel then click on hardware and sound, then click on windows mobility center....  a consol will open up and on the Right hand side will be you wireless capabilities setting click it to turn it on...  hope this helps

Luisd87

Thank you for your reply Lilliannaa but that option does not appear in the console you mention. I'd appreciate a more technical solution.

dbenson

I have a new Satellite Pro L870. My Internet capability suddenly stopped after upgrading my Kaspersky (related or not?). When I click Networks, no networks can be found. I have several other devices (including my iPad on which I am contacting you) that are detecting networks. Can you help me?
Luisd87

New symptoms:

I modified a key in the registry that is showed in this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V0FrsYPmJc It did not work as stated on this video but now the card is somehow shown in PC utility but as not active. I added a USB external wifi card, added the driver and worked, after 2 reboots it was not recognized anywhere like when I first experienced this problem, confirming a software issue. I changed the card from one USB port to another and it was redetected and functional.

Still no resolution found.

cmon3play

i have TOshiba NB520 i have value added package and flash card support utility . I open the flash cards but it seems the f8 is gone i tried the system reset but it seems it doesn't work.. i figure it out whenever i open the laptop the wifi light is not turning on and when i try the system reset it will turn on and then after several seconds it will turn off. But earlier when my laptop has full a battery my wifi seems working. And my device manager WLAN atheros is working i try to uninstall and install but it doesn't work can you help me ?

jasin

hello,,,

i have  the same issue..like my toshiba laptop  wireless adapter doesn't turn on when i press the Fn+ F8. could you pls advise me how to turn dis on...i tried many times...pls help me ....!!

tesfa

what about if the laptop is Toshiba Intel core i3
Ertik

Happened to run across this post.It jogged my memory.Ran into this problem a couple of years ago.This "fix" works on the older cards,not sure how on the new slim type.

This problem came up when you changed wifi cards,or sometimes when you re-formated and did a clean install.

I think it came from the bios not wanting to accept another brand wifi card,or just a glitch.

If you have an older large type card,Intel or Broadcom.And the card installs but won't see any connections,and or tells you to turn on the wifi.

This is going to sound strange,but it works.

Take out the card and put a piece of tape over the # 11 and #13 pins on the card.

The pins are all even numbers on one side and odd on the other side. # 11 and 13 on next to each other on the same side as the antenna wires.

Put the card back in.You may have to load the drivers again.

I fixed several laptops that this happened to.Not just Toshibas.

The posisioning slot is between pin 1 and 3.And they go 1.3.5.7.9.11.13

xhanne19

Hello Mike,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro L450D-12X laptop, after I upgraded its OS to Win 7 and installed all it's drivers I now cannot connect and search for available WIFI connections, I already installed it realtek wlan and did the Fn+F8 but nothing happens. :'(

Hoping for your quick response.

Thanks,

Xhanne