Chuck1957

C55-A5384 Network adapter driver for Windows 7 64 bit

I have successfully installed Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate but I am having trouble with some of the drivers, but most importantly, the driver for the network adapter.

I downloaded the Atheros LAN Driver (tc50141200g.exe), but it doesn't work.  In device manager I see the following under other devices that are all missing drivers.

Ethernet Controller

Network Controller

PCI Simple Communications Controller

SM Bus Controller

Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

Unknown device

USB2.0-CRW

I also tried installing the Atheros Wireless Lan Driver (tc50148200e.exe), Intel Wireless LAN Driver (tc50154400b.exe) and the Realtek Wireless LAN Driver (tc50148100a.exe) with no luck.  These are all the LAN drivers I see available for the C55-A5384 when you filter the drivers by Windows 7 64 bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: C55-A5384 Network adapter driver for Windows 7 64 bit

Satellite C55-A5384 (PSCF6U-05X00C)

Downloads here

It sounds like you installed in the wrong order. Begin again with a clean install of Windows. Install the Intel chipset software followed by its display driver prior to any other driver. Install the TVAP before any other Toshiba utility.

Don't guess about those WiFi drivers. Check Device Manager to see whether you have Atheros, Intel, or Realtek. If you still encounter an unknown device instead, right-click it, click Properties, and give us the Hardware Ids from the Details tab.

It doesn't matter what Device Manager shows if everything works.

-Jerry
Chuck1957

I feel kind of dumb.  I was clicking on the *.exe files and they were extracting but the actual setup programs were not running.  I had to right click and choose run as administrator.  Then everything installed correctly and is working fine.

Thanks anyway for the help Jerry. 

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Whatever works...

-Jerry