Richybenno

Broadcom 802.11n network adapter fails to connect

Hello, I turned on my toshiba notebook today to find that it can't connect to the internet.

It was running smoothly yesterday but for some reason it can't connect to any wireless networks.

I've tried updating the drivers, checking device mangaer, windows troubleshoot and nothing worked.

I know for certain that it's not my router at fault because my other notebook (a Samsung) can connect just fine.

I'm now considering on using the recovery disks and reverting back to the default factory settings.

I'd rather not do that unless it's the last resort, so is there any other possibilities of getting it fixed?

Peter

Re: Broadcom 802.11n network adapter fails to connect

Please include your full model number when posting problems on the forums. It can be found on the bottom of your laptop.

- Peter
Richybenno

Model is a Toshiba Satellite C660 PSC0LA-01C01H

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite C660/01C (PSC0LA-01C01H)

Is this the driver you reinstalled?

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver, 5.60.48.35

tc40112000e.exe

-Jerry
Richybenno

Yes it was, but never mind I seem to have fixed the problem. In the end, I had to revert to the default factory settings using the recovery disks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

I had to revert to the default factory settings using the recovery disks.

That certainly fixes software difficulties.

-Jerry
Richybenno

I've actually had an inkling suspicion that a virus was behind the cause for quite a while now. My machine became steadily worse to the point that the recovery disks were the only option left available.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

It's the best way to fix a virus infection. Removing the offender usually leaves some kind of damage.

-Jerry