Occasional Contributor
pratcon

Atheros ar5007eg wireless network adapter

Hello,

I'm trying to locate the latest Vista (32 bit w sp2) driver (if one exists) for the above named adapter. I tried a search in this forum and I cannot locate. I'm running a driver 1/25/08 on a satellite a-215-s5849. I tried a goggle but i got a lot of pay forums. I ran driver magician and it did identify this adapter as a device in need of update. I downloaded a driver from the net and the machine said I was running the most recent version. Confusing! I'm having problems connecting this machine to the net.

I know I sound niave but the least these companies can do is keep you abreast of current tecnology you PURCHASED from THEM. I'm getting sick of this windows (patches, drivers, updates) CRAP. I can't wait until I can afford an apple at leaast for my personal use

Peter

Re: Atheros ar5007eg wireless network adapter

Atheros Wireless LAN (802.11 a/g/n, b/g) Driver for Windows Vista

The support page for your laptop is here.

Everything regarding your laptop is on that page. You want to keep up-to-date, but you don't want patches and updated drivers? I'm not sure what you mean. However, Apple does provide updates for their hardware as well (as they should).

- Peter