rneuner64

A665-S6086 Wireless connection not working

I have an A665-S6086 Laptop and cannot connect to my network using wireless, I can connect using an ethernet cable to the back of my  FIOS router. I have an IPAD and a Samsung Galaxy tablet and other laptops in the house that have no issues connecting, as well as two PS3's,

Took the Laptop to best buy and was able to connect to the instore network with no issues, Found out last night that if I power down the laptop by holding the Power button till it shuts off then power back up then i am able to connect with no issues and i have an excellent connection for a period of time then it shows no internet access and constantly tries to identify the network.

I don't know which direction to go with this since other wireless devices can connect to the router then that cannot be the issue, since i was able to connect to the other network at BB with no issues then the network card is good.

i need assistance badly

Peter

Re: A665-S6086 Wireless connection not working

Try using this article to troubleshoot.

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi (Wireless) Problems

- Peter
rneuner64

none of the troubleshooting techniques worked so i had to restore back to the factory settings and now i have a working connection again. The good thing was that i did not have a lot saved on my laptop so i really did not lose anything that i cannot locate on my desktop. but it works now and that was my goal all along

thanks

rneuner64

well less than one week after taking my computer back to Factory settings, i cannot connect again on my laptop.

so i am back to where i was before, all other devices in my house stay connected wireless thru my router except for this laptop, really upset that i wasted money on this computer when there are others on the market but i liked the large screen and that affected my decision. maybe it can be fixed but probably not when i see hundreds of other threads like mine on this forum complaining about the same thing yet toshiba does not admit that there is any problem...if it can be fixed for free great but i refuse to give one dime to this company for selling such an inferior product 

Peter

There were always be many threads of people asking similar things. People don't usually come to post if they're not having a problem.

Now that it just came back, try using System Restore to before the problem began. Something that was added or changed must have caused it to stop working again.

- Peter
rneuner64

i did system restore, but all i get now is that the computer cannot identify my network...it just keeps trying to Identify the network but never connects...as i said before i connected when i took it to best buy with no problem but it does not seem to like my network. My sons ipad, a samsung tablet and other items can connect to my network fine...so i am not sure why this laptop will not

Peter

Sometimes there are incompatibilities between specific wireless cards and routers. It sounds like that may be the problem here unfortunately.

- Peter
rneuner64

well, one of my sons has a different model Toshiba Laptop and has no problems staying connected