popcorn1984

touchpad scroll fails to initiate after a reboot

yes, i checked the msconfig to make sure it should be starting...

whenever i reboot, i have to go into control panel, open mouse settings, and close it - just open and close!! - to make the touchpad scroll start working.

i checked in device manager for updates, but it said everything was up to date.

if anyone can help, thanks a million.

toshiba satellite p755-s5265 win7x64

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: touchpad scroll fails to initiate after a reboot

[ Edited ]

Try this.  Control Panel/Mouse/Device Settings/Double click on Scrolling/Click One-finger scrolling and put a check mark in the boxes for Enable  vertical and Enable horizontal.  Do the same for Two-finger scrolling if that's your desire. Click on APPLY and OK. Restart computer. Hold your breath!  :smileywink:

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
popcorn1984

thanks. tried. laptop scroll still misbehaving. what gets me is that all of the settings are and remain correct, and when i reboot, i have to remind the touchpad to scroll by just opening and closing the mouse icon in the ctrl pannel.

thanks again though.

any thoughts appreciated.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

Try reinstalling the Synaptics TouchPad Driver found HERE.  Sometimes, some small segment of the programming language will get corrupted.  At least, it won't hurt to try. If that doesn't work, all that's left would be a complete out-of-box recovery and I  doubt that you would like that idea.  I know if it were me, I would just learn to live with it.  All three of my computers have some anomaly that, no matter what I've tried, I've been unable to correct.

Good Luck!

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. C75D-B7260 Win 8.1 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 7 SP1 64 Bit
SRROLL

Hi popcorn1984,

Had the same problem as you but this worked for me.

Go to control panel, administrative tools, computer management, device manager, mice and other pointing devices, select your touchpad (right click for properties) and then driver tab. Roll back your driver and then update driver. That restored the scrolling on startup. Good luck.

SRROLL.