jimbo1

shift key will not work - keyboard is new, replaced less than 6 months ago, but out of warranty

Aloha, I have a Satellite M45 S3551, Key board was recently replaced and laptop is now out of warranty. The Shift key will not work now - Caps Lock works fine but can not get caps or any upper case symbols @,#$,(), etc... Any advice???? Mahalo!

jasper20

Re: shift key will not work - keyboard is new, replaced less than 6 months ago, but out of warranty

Try taking off the Shift key cap along with its retainer clips and re-attach them.

Here is a link to help you install your key Repair Laptop Key

saharah

Re: shift key will not work - keyboard is new, replaced less than 6 months ago, but out of warranty

You can simply replace your shift key with a new one.I have ordered my key and have referred this company to many people now, and they all are satisfied with the product and service.

Check out the website:

http://www.laptopkey.com

Browse through your brand name and model number, order your required key and just wait for it to get delivered to you. You can also repair your keys by watching the video tutorials on the website. I hope it works out for you.

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

saharah,

the OP is not looking for keyboard key caps. their keys arent responding when pressed. the caps are there they just arent working.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.