Daisymae

on screen keyboard

can anyone help me I need to remove the on screen keyboard from my laptop and get back to my regualr keyboard please.
Regular Advisor
Defender

Re: on screen keyboard

What model# are we discussing to better assist?  General solution try this-go into: Control Panel/Ease of Access Center, Turn Keyboard on/off.

Daisymae

My model # is L305D-S5895 - sorry took so  long to get back to you, I had to take care of the lawn.
Daisymae

Defender:  thanks for responding...tried to go into ease of access and change the turn off/on keyboard - no luck!  I was able to get the keyboard off the screen but my keys still don't function normally.
Regular Advisor
Defender

Are we now talking about the main keyboard?  If so, go into Device Manager, locate Keyboard and uninstall, then reboot and let the New Hardware Wizard reset device.  Additionally, check under the keys to ensure that there is no debris accumulated please.
Occasional Advisor
pacman

Hello,

Accidentally, I had this issue before. Check if magnifier is ON>> trying turning it off..

=========================================================
the only easy day was yesterday.....
=========================================================

Daisymae

Defender & Pacman

Thanks for your help, unfortunately nothing is working....will call Toshiba tomorrow and see what they say...thanks again.
Regular Advisor
Defender

Re: Defender & Pacman

If nothing worked-deinstall, check around key pad area, removed all external devices.  HAVE you tried an external keyboard to see what effects that has on operation.  Could be the mat is damaged, but we cannot tell from here.
Daisymae

Received 4/21 message.  Took laptop into repair shop as directed by Toshiba 'phone help' on 4/20.  Sending back to Toshiba.  Serviceman said 'sometimes' keyboard 'locks up', even on new ones and no problem for Toshiba to take care of.  Will let you know if this works, in 2 weeks!    Thank you again for your help.  Appreciated.
Regular Advisor
Defender

Glad you will have satisfaction.