bnachim

my toshiba touchpad will not work

I have a Satellite C875-S7303.  Tried rebooting.  Only works on sign in screen

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: my toshiba touchpad will not work

Satellite C875-S7303

Only works on sign in screen

That's interesting. Does it work after you boot into Safe Mode?

Settings > Power > Shift + Restart > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart > Startup Settings menu (select #4)

-Jerry
Cagey

My similar story here.

IMHO this problem is caused by Windows Update installing a new driver which is nonfunctional w/this laptop.

As far as I'm aware, there is as yet no satisfactory solution to this problem (if you expect reliable scrolling functionality from the touchpad on this PC, in addition to basic pointing & clicking functionality).

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

[ Edited ]

• use keyboard only to navigate to Control Panel, into Device Manager to revert to previous driver
  • this leaves the default MS PS/2 mouse driver, which gives ONLY point&click, no scrolling functionality.
  • [Thinking I would try again (while taking better notes)] from Device Manager, update driver; reboot
  • again, touchpad does NOT work at all (same as #2 above)
  • again back into Device Manager via keyboard: version (of non-functioning driver) is (for the record) Synaptics 16.2.10.3; revert to default MS mouse driver, download Synaptics 16.2.21 from http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers/

You don't say anything about installing the driver from Toshiba.

Synaptics TouchPad Driver

Did you try that?

Did your pad work on the sign-in screen and then quit after login (like bnachim's)?

BTW, your best bet to get a reply here is to start a new thread.

-Jerry