12-19-2012 11:43 AM
12-23-2012 10:48 AM
My similar story here.
IMHO this problem is caused by Windows Update installing a new driver which is nonfunctional w/this laptop.
As far as I'm aware, there is as yet no satisfactory solution to this problem (if you expect reliable scrolling functionality from the touchpad on this PC, in addition to basic pointing & clicking functionality).
12-23-2012 11:41 AM - edited 12-23-2012 11:43 AM
- use keyboard only to navigate to Control Panel, into Device Manager to revert to previous driver
- this leaves the default MS PS/2 mouse driver, which gives ONLY point&click, no scrolling functionality.
- [Thinking I would try again (while taking better notes)] from Device Manager, update driver; reboot
- again, touchpad does NOT work at all (same as #2 above)
- again back into Device Manager via keyboard: version (of non-functioning driver) is (for the record) Synaptics 188.8.131.52; revert to default MS mouse driver, download Synaptics 16.2.21 from http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers/
You don't say anything about installing the driver from Toshiba.
Did you try that?
Did your pad work on the sign-in screen and then quit after login (like bnachim's)?
BTW, your best bet to get a reply here is to start a new thread.
Copyright © Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.