bgman

keyboard backlight on qosmio x500?

Just wondering if there is a backlight feature on the Qosmio x500 keyboard.  Went to the illuminations tab under Toshiba utilities (start menu) and all it has under this tab is Illumination LED on/off.  Nothing about a keyboard backlight.  Btw, what is the Illumination LED option?  It is set default to ON and when I turn it off it doesn't do anything.  It looks very similar to the symbol on the sound control (left hand side of keyboard) button just to the right and below the main power button.  When I hit that button, it seems like it might just mute the speaker sound, but seems to have nothing to do with Illumination LED under this tab.  I youtubed the qosmio before I bought it and it even has the keyboard backlight working on a youtube video, so why doesn't mine work?  I've never had it come upon startup or anything of the sort so I'm just curious as to even if I have one on this laptop.  Any help/advice much appreciated.

jefferydeignan

Re: keyboard backlight on qosmio x500?

I'm curious about this too. I recently had my i5 core X505-Q860 stolen and looked at another one. I never had a backlit keyboard on mine (I always assumed they must have meant the multimedia keys to the left of the actual keyboard- which are backlit) & assumed it was because it was the basic model. But, as I read the reviews I'm not so sure anymore. Come on Guys (& Gals)- why do some videos on YouTube show a backlit keyboard and others do not? If I'm able to, I want to buy the right model (or, the components to do it myself).

JWG
JWG

I own this laptop, and only the sidebar/ mouse bar is lit up.

I have looked at some possible options but i highly doubt its easy as its includes modding.

LED Tape/Strip

or

EL Wire/Strip

and future coming:

OLED sheets

Godsong

I have an X500 and the keyboard back light comes on only after pressing any of the keys. Yours might not have come with one. They are available on ebay but I would look under the keyboard first to see if there is a pin plugin for it. Unsnap the bessle just abouve the keybaord and remove the 4 screws and lift th keybaord. There should be an empty four pin ribbon fastener close to the main keyboard plug. If you have 2 ribbons plugged in chances are you do have the back lit keyboard.