mikel14us

just bought a c855 and have keyboard problem

just bought a toshiba laptop and when i opened it the space bar is a little bit lifted. its not sitting properly. does anyone have any idea how to fix this? it looks like a quick fix but dont want to mess with it. might have to take it back to best buy if i cant fix it tonight

thanks.

Peter

Re: just bought a c855 and have keyboard problem

Being a new laptop, I'd agree that returning to the place of purchase is probably the best idea. Most lapops have keys that can pop off pretty easily, and I've done it many times to clean under my keyboard. The keys also use really small plastic bits to connect, and I've broken these before.

- Peter
HiBoats

Peter, what about a P845-S4200 that's brand new (prchased from Best By) and as yo can see, the "U" key doesn't work nless you psh really, realy hard.  Why did Toshiba bild terrible keyboards?  Shold I retrn the machine?  Or is there a fix I can do?

Peter

Most customers are not having problems with their keyboards, but there are always some problems that arise. I recommend you exchange it or contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

- Peter
ambivalentways

FYI for anyone with this problem or considering buying the Toshiba P845-S4200. I have had to return 2 P845-S4200 laptops for keyboard issues. Some keys work sporadically and some not at all. I am on my 3rd P845-S4200, and if I have to take another one back for the same issue, I think that's good evidence that there is a design flaw in P845-S4200 keyboards and I will be looking for a different make/ brand.