lfert
Accepted Solution

fn + F5 not working suddenly

I have a A305-S6916 running Windows vista 64 bit. All of a sudden, the fn + f5 key has stopped working. I can't watch movies on my tv through the hdmi cable. All other funtion keys seem to work. Any ideas that I can try? Thanks

Super Advisor
miker643

Re: fn + F5 not working suddenly

[ Edited ]

Satellite A305-S6916

When you press the 'Fn' key alone, do all your flash cards appear at the top of your screen? If not try the following.

If the 'Flash Cards' don't appear at the top of the screen when you hit the 'Fn' key, then click the 'Start' button and type the word flash in the search field. In the programs that appear at the top, you should see 'Restart Flash Cards' and 'Settings for Flash Cards'. First, click on 'Restart Flash Cards', then again click on 'Start' and type in the word flash in the search field. This time click on 'Settings for Flash Cards', and make sure there is NOT a check mark on 'Disable all function keys', click 'Apply' and 'OK'.  Then try the Function key/Flash cards + your F8 key again.

If the above doesn't work download this file to your desktop, and double click to install it, and reboot.

Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista/7 (64)

Please let us know what happens. Good luck.

Mike

lfert

Fixed- I did Start/toshiba/utilities/reset flash cards. All is well!

Super Advisor
miker643

Happy to hear it worked for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Mike