jldjs

a key cap came off of the keyboard

The  # 3 key cap came off odf the keyboard and I don't know how to re-attach it.  Anybody know how to do this?

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

Re: a key cap came off of the keyboard

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/03/20/key-fell-off-keyboard/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

jldjs

Sorry forgot to give the model.  It's a laptop, Satellite A105-4384.  The retainers came off with the key cap as well.

Occasional Contributor
kristinacallis

According to your comment, i can suggest that you can do it your selp, try it do yourself, i think it is normal problem and you can solve it. If you are unable to do then go to the Toshiba service center, they will help you.

Fewdays back  i face same problem in my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4384 andlso i solved myselp easily.

so try it if not then contact me through this forum, i will suggest you other process.

I hope you understand.

Thanks for sharing your problem.

jldjs

I was able to fix it, at least temporarily.  I had to remove the white plastic "bracket"(?) from the back of the key cap first.  It was delicate since it seemed to be very fragile.  Then I was able to put the "bracket" back onto the keyboard with tweezers.  Then the cap snapped back on top.  The link above provided pictures which made this doable for me.  Thanks for all your help.

Frequent Advisor
cee_64

No problem.  It's a common problem. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you don't post your COMPLETE model number it's very difficult to assist you. Please try to post in complete sentences with punctuation, capitals, and correct spelling. Toshiba does NOT provide any direct support in these forums. All support is User to User in their spare time.

eric52

You can also watch this video tutorial to fix your laptop key. I had the same problem last month and my friend told me about this tutorials. I saw them and attached my key back on the keyboard. This tutorial is the easiest tutorial I had eva seen. May be it will help you out, check it out:

http://www.laptopkey.com/Guides.php/Toshiba/Satellite/A105/T1

faith01

Hello, Theres nothing to worry if a key cap comes , there is this video you could watch and easily fix it,

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=laptopkeycom#p/u/5/GVOWWVRlziQ

If you think its broken and you need a new one , there is this company i got my spacebar ordered from, very reasonable and easy Installation guides they have , try them out if you need a key replaced

www.laptopkey.com

jais

key fell off the laptop keyboard

its the left Alt key of my laptop. i tried to fix it...... but i couldt.

my lap model is-  equium u 400 -145