bprice18

Wireless mouse not connecting

I recently purchased a Toshiba AIO, model DX735-D3201.  Set everything up, including the USB wireless receiver (which wasn't explained anywhere).  Keyboard is working, but the mouse does not seem to be connecting to the USB dongle.  Batteries are in (and have been changed), switch is in the 'on' position, and the connect button has been pressed.  When I replace the battery, the battery light comes on for a few seconds and then goes out.  Any ideas?  Model number of the mouse is M60GM.

Thanks,

Brian

bprice18

Re: Wireless mouse not connecting

In addition, as with other wireless mice I have used, there is no infrared light emitting from the base of the mouse.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Toshiba DX735-D3201

..the USB wireless receiver (which wasn't explained anywhere).

Others reading this may benefit from this Toshiba afterthought.

How to Install the RF USB Dongle for the Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

If the keyboard works and the mouse doesn't, suspect hardware. Perhaps you can test that mouse setup on another computer.

-Jerry
bprice18

We have another wireless mouse that did connect, but our other computer doesn't have a mini-usb port for the USB dongle.  I'll return it and see if the store can try it out on one of their computers and fix/or replace it.  By hardware, do you mean the drivers were incorrectly installed or parts in the mouse itself?  Thanks for the help.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

By hardware, do you mean the drivers were incorrectly installed or parts in the mouse itself?

I would suspect the mouse itself.

-Jerry
pedro1

I have to add my recent experience with Toshiba wireless mouse. I recently purchased a DX-730 All-in-One.

After a few days the mouse pointer became irratic. A call to tech support confirmed the system was OK and it was probably the mouse. They said I needed to take the system to Best Buy Repair. I phoned Best Buy who were not aware they were a Toshiba repair facility and said they would need to send it to their repair facility in Kentucky.

Now all this over a $5 mouse. I phoned Toshiba back and finally had them agree to just ship me a new mouse. Well guess what, the new mouse did not work at all. Several checks again by tech support said the mouse was bad, and again they said I would have to send the system to Best Buy. Once gain much screaming by me convinced them to send another new mouse until they were over-ridden by sales who said I would have to take the system to Best Buy.

Well that's not going to happen. Best Buy is two counties over and to be without my system for 2-3 weeks while they say; "yes the mouse is defective, you'll need a new one." is just not what good customer relaions is about.

Right now I'm using a USB mouse. Both Toshiba mice do not emite the red laser light as all other mice do. Even though I have the correct driver and the hardware manager says, 'This device is operating properly" the mouse does not work.

I can't believe I'm the only customer with this problem. I suspect Toshiba has a problem they are trying to hide.

One of the reasons I bought this system was my past experience with Toshiba support, which is getting tarnished quickly over a $5 mouse malfunction.

Gandrell

I have recently purchased a PX30T and have had the exact same issue I have even updated the bios. If I had known about this before I wouldn't purchased it and to make life harder my mouse and Keyboard have no external dongle to see if that's the problem. So I'll have to take the whole thing back to where I bought it.