Genovese2224

Re: U305 Cursor/Touchpad Not Working

I have a toshiba satelite labtop A215-S4817 and when I was using nero 7 burner while creating a dvd data disk a message appeared saying warning you are about to create a multisession disk and that other dvd drives would not read the disk, then I selected create without multissession disk and now my DVD player will not read or write any CD how can I fix this I have already tried microsoft fix it it did not fix the problem but refered me to toshiba as my main support to fix this problem, I really need to fix this problem can someone tell me how to fix this problem.

tconn

My CD/DVD player in my computer still isn't working this is the message I get "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled.  An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" I don't know how to fix this please help!!!!

ka59782

Re: CD/DVD not working

I get the message "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

This is a driver from either Toshiba or microsoft.

Munib

Dear 

How did you get your dvd work. I am facing the same problem

vivekp

My DVD rom is not working properly . It is giving noisy sound and scratches my DVD. How can I get rid of this problem????

Sandratorres

Cd/DVD not working

Sandratorres

Re: cd/dvd icon dissapeared from my computer and device manager as a result cannot use cd/dvd

Could somebody help me to solve this issue? thanks. My laptop is toshiva 305  Windows vista basic.

grannielinda

my cd/ will not work I cant even find it in my programs anymore what should i do ?

humannnature

My CD/DVD drive and all of my USB ports are not working at all. Brought the laptop back to Bestbuy where I purchased it, however they told me it was a software issue and there is nothing they can do. I have a Toshiba Satellite-A505-s6033. I have tried to reset to factory setting, however I cannot connect to my external hard drive to save any of my information nor with it read the backup disk I had bestbuy make when I purchased this laptop.

humannnature

I have already tried the Fix it and that did not help my problem at all.

jdhaganpe

I sought help from Toshiba Support for a non-responsive CD/DVD drive.  Had recently downloaded a new driver for touchpad on a Satellite L655-S5115.  Support conducted online trouble shooting to no avail, but suggested that the CD/DVD drive was not electronically connected--try reseating electrical connectors.  I did this and the problem was solved.  Thanks.

georgenjifaw

Hi for  more than eight months, my labtop CD/DVD is not working

Tlhl

My Laptop, L655D-S5050 Satellite DVD/CD-ROM drives are no more reading. I have tried all sort of thing to make it work but no way.

The message I have from my computer is that the Drivers are missing. How come the drivers can be missing while I not done any personal modification to my computer.  

The Drives that are missing are the (APYT23H4 IDE Controller and the DVD/CD-ROM) where can I download these software given that their updating does not respond properly.

Can Toshiba or anyone help me?

feh370

Please help me get this drive working again.

roycallahan

My DVD wil not write

When I put a new DVD disk in my DVD  drive, and try to format it like a USB drive so I can keep adding to it untl the disk is full. the drive shows its trying to do the format but reports back that it was unable to do so. Simply said, I am unable to write to a DVD. My wife and I both have the same type of computers. If I put the same disk in her drive it will format the disk and allow her to copy files to it.  I did try the Microsoft fix it and it says there is nothing wrong with the drive. It couldn't repair anything for me because it said it couldn't find anything to repair.

ALLWAR1

Device Driver Missing for Toshiba DVD Player

Device Driver Missing for Toshiba DVD Player, anyway I can get it back without having to do a system restore?

gustsaah

my CD AND DRIVE NOT READING

kennym437

I'm having problem dvd and cd driver is not not working on my computer right now

Rch1

After doing as requested, i recieved the following message, "You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine.  Contact the vendor that provided you this package."  LOL.  What a fiasco, just to fix a non functioning mouse that should be functioning already.

Ebunn

Regarding this fix,  The page asks for replies so here's my input...

FYI (I'm running Windows XP on a Toshiba Satellite M45-s331 and all of a sudden, I can't read or write any cd's although DVD's still work.)

After going thru the steps of this fix, and inserting a cd as directed, the next window says... 

"We detected some problems with your system and were able to successfully apply the fixes. However, our verification shows that the problem still exists. Click Next for other options you can try to troubleshoot the problem."

After trying to read a cd in order to verify that the problem had not been fixed, as prompted, I then clicked on the "no, the prob has not been fixed button, added a suggestion and then clicked next.

The next page mentions that "1 problem needs attention", yet doesn't give any more specific information.

When I clicked on the following choice...
"Get online solutions tailored to your PC's specific problem. Send your troubleshooter results now" ...
and then filled in the security codes and clicked on Next, the next page says...
" An error occured while sending your information to Microsoft. How would you like to proceed?"

If I click on "Retry", it does the same thing.

If I click on "Just show me the solutions online", I am sent to a page (**listed below) with a bunch of general Fixit information and the only one that addresses this cd reading problem just gives me this same Fixit troubleshooter that I just went thru which doesn't work.

This happened when I tried both MicrosoftFixit.dvd.LB.137287064760377480.1.1.Run.exe AND MicrosoftFixit.dvd.LB.137287064760377480.1.1.Run.exe.

I just wanted to pass this on to you since it seems like sort of a waste of time. :smileyfrustrated:

Hope this input helps make a better fix.  ~ E

**http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal/fixit/details/39e96365-06f5-4541-9193-7d50aefd8a13?p...