pghgrl

Re: CD/DVD not working

My system is trying to do a backup and I have microsoft windows. I am unable to get any cd or usb to work. I have tried several, can you help

renejapples

Re: U305 Cursor/Touchpad Not Working

THANK YOU SO MUCH MIKE :smileyhappy: THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM ALSO

renejapples

Thank you so much Mike, this fixed my problem also!

ebalzer

This refers to the CD/DVD not working subject.  Tried  Mr Fixit and only receive an Error message "0x80070057" and the message that Mr Fixit cannot proceed.  I have not been able to locate a database that defines this error.  The problem is on the record function and I have not been able to record CD/ROMs or DVDs since the laptop was new.  A call to service said that the DVD recorder was not covered under the warranty and repair would cost more than a new laptop ($398 by Walmart)  Any help is greatly appreciated.(Satellite L455D-S55976)
Erich

AaronAitken

can some one help me, my cd driver isnt working. like it lights up and opens and stuff, but the computer doesnt say its there when i put a cd in or try to burn a cd.

Occasional Contributor
camey1

After calling Toshiba twice they kept telling me do a restore as it was out-of-the box.  I did not want to do that, kept searching and finally I got my touchpad to work.

Go this website, and it explains in detail-- mine is now working, with success

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletin.jsp?soid=2255211

Good Luck

drews

I put a cd in and I can hear a motor sound or a whirring sound but nothing happens .

joseph007

Re: cd/dvd icon dissapeared from my computer and device manager as a result cannot use cd/dvd

i have a toshiba satelliteL750 using windows 7.The problem still exists even after using microsoft fix it tool i have noticed it would come back on its own after a week and dissapear again on its own while im using the internet also my toshiba cddvdw ts-L633F was working fine until i had installed daemon tools since this application was installed i have been facing problem i have tried system restore and the icon does not come back do i need to format it?

daperez

Thanks

It was very usefull.

lminters

Re: cd/dvd icon dissapeared from my computer and device manager as a result cannot use cd/dvd

Re: I Have a  A655-S5170 and lost capability of cddvd player. How do I re=install player driver.

jsimon

Mine does the same thing.. although i can not find a D drive under my computer.. what should i do? or did u ever get urs to work?

drews wrote:

I put a cd in and I can hear a motor sound or a whirring sound but nothing happens .

drews wrote:

ga
ga

Cd/Dvd drive keeps disappearing

I have the same problem.

I already tried this (deleting the upper and lower filters):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

except I didn't see any to delete.

What else could I do?

Lady_D

drews wrote:

The same thing has happen to me. I can't seem to find any help or ideas. I pray someone can help.

lvatuch

Mine does the same thing. Hear noises, but nothing happens. If I go to my computer, it does not even recognize the CD. Has been to Best Buy many times, Geek support on line, Toshiba support on line. Has been sent out for repair twice. Still not fixed. Finally wrote letter to Toshiba.2 days ago went and bought a Portable Multi Drive. It goes into USB port on laptop. With this at least I can open Data and Music DC's and also watch Movies. Bought cheap one under $50.00. But really need the DVD/Blue Ray one. Will send this laptop out again this weekend. As of 10/22 2011. It has not worked right. I suggest you start writing letters. Keep in Touch. Good luck to us.
broke-laptop

Re: cd/dvd icon disappeared from my computer and device manager as a result cannot use cd/dvd

I have the Satellite L655-S5147 and within a couple of months of purchasing it I have lost the functionality of the keyboard that had to be sent back to Toshiba for replacement and now the CD-DVD drive is not recognized by the computer. It may have been that way since new because I really haven't had a need for it until now. Trying to load software via a cd and the program did not automatically load as it does on most computers. I went to to My Computer only to find out that the drive did not exist. I then went to Device Manager to find that the CD-DVD drive has an alert. Tried to update the driver but it came back as having the most recent driver. Went to Microsoft website to look for fixes, no luck. Tried to have Toshiba hardware troubleshooter fix the problem and again, nothing changed. Not feeling very confident in the quality of the products made by Toshiba and will be reluctant to purchase one in the future.

Does anyone have a fix for the computer to recognize the CD-DVD drive? and the proper drivers or patches needed to ensure it continues to work?

Thanks,

lvatuch

Re: cd/dvd icon disappeared from my computer and device manager as a result cannot use cd/dvd

I finally have my laptop back and fixed. I kept taking to Best Buy and they would send out, it would come back work once then nothing. I kept a log of everything! Finally I wrote a letter to Toshiba. The nicest lady from Public Relations called me. I sent her my laptop and she sent to there repair co. Seems my driver was not installed, software was corrupt. When Best Buy sent my laptop out twice, they replaced ODD 2 times said CD worked and when I picked up. Didn't work. My laptop problem was BEST BUY..................

Toshiba has been the best and my laptop is working perfect.

If you bought from Toshiba, call them, they will make it right.

Toshiba America    949-583-3000

Tri-Star Computer is where they sent my laptop. 

714-638-8655

Call or send a letter. Im so happy with my laptop now, and was ready to buy from another co. Toshiba will make it right for you.

Much Luck

lamckim

I tried to use watch a DVD a couple of weeks ago and it would not work.  Now I can't get the CD/DVD player to work at all.  What do I do?

Kfoster438

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my DVD player not working. The player does not have a source and does not give me an option in settings. It has been working fine and just stops. Does anyone know how to fix this??
Niloofar

I have the same peoblem.but i have a satelite lap top for 5 weeks & it's disappointing when it doesn't read any CD or DVD that it did 2 weeks ago & just says Insert a CD in drive.there is no message in device manager & it says this device is working properly.when i insert a disc there is just a brief sound then nothing as if the lens doesn't read.

lvatuch

I had the Satellite Pro. When I wrote this it was back from Toshiba and working. After a few
Days back to same problem. I finally got a goodwill credit after 5+ mo nths. My new
Comes Tuesday. If u D/L itunes. Windows 7 doesn't like. DM me and we will talk.