twinsmom726

Touchpad won't work with wireless mouse

I connected a Microsoft wireless mouse to my laptop and it was working fine. When I turned the computer on today the touchpad won't work at all. I tried disabling the mouse, but it's still the only thing that will work. I'd like to just get rid of the mouse and only use the touchpad. Any suggestions on how to do that? It's a Satellite L775D-S7305 laptop. Thanks.
Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Touchpad won't work with wireless mouse

Go to Start/Control Panel/Mouse/Device Settings/Uncheck the box that says "Disable internal pointing device when external device is connected". Then, if necessary, toggle FN+F9 to turn Touchpad on.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
twinsmom726

Thanks.  I tried both of those things.  The "disable" box wasn't checked and toggling FN + F9 didn't work either so I finally just gave up.  This morning when I turned my computer on to give it a try, the touchpad wouldn't work at first and then when I came back to turn the computer off the touchpad WAS working.  And I didn't have the mouse connected or even turned on.  So it seems to be happening randomly.  I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

It may well have been an anomaly that will not occur again. I certainly hope so.

Good Luck!

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit