appaJ
Accepted Solution

Touchpad not working

I have Model Toshiba Satellite 1905-S301. Touchpad not working. Is there a driver I need updated or is there a simpler fix. I have read about the Fn+F9. But I do not know what the Fn key is! I found only the F9 key on keyboard.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Touchpad not working

Satellite 1905-S301 

Wouldn't hurt to reinstall the driver.

Alps Touchpad driver for Windows XP

s193tpadx.exe

And this utility.

Toshiba Touchpad Enable/Disable Utility for Windows 2000/XP

s193tpenx.exe

See the section Disabling or enabling the TouchPad on p. 54 of the Satellite 1905 Seried User's Guide.

I do not know what the Fn key is!

It's at the lower-left corner of the keyboard, between the Ctrl and Alt keys. See p. 71 in the User's Guide.

-Jerry
appaJ

that did it. Fn=F9 worked! thanks now can you recommend a memory upgrade for this laptop. I know how to get to access door, but I think there is another hiding under keyboard. Do I have to replace or install new memory in both or can I just do one?
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Happy to learn that worked.

..recommend a memory upgrade for this laptop.

According to the specs for your model, it comes with 256 MB expandable to 1 GB. 

It's safest to use Kingston's best memory. See the details at their Memory Configuration for Toshiba Satellite 1905-S301/1905-S302.

Access to the user-accessible memory module is explained on p. 55 of the Satellite 1905 Series User's Guide.

If you wish to access the second slot, see this article.

Toshiba Satellite 1905. How to remove and replace notebook memory

Good luck!

-Jerry