MrsDanielleC

Touchpad is no longer working

My touchpad is no longer working since I've plugged in a USB mouse, before that it was working fine, never have had any issued with it. Under the devices, for mouse it says its working properly. I am wondering what I can do to fix my touchpad? I've tried restarting my computer.

Toshiba Satellite L675D-S7049

Thank you,

Danielle

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Touchpad is no longer working

[ Edited ]

Go to Control Panel\Mouse\Device Settings\Uncheck the box in the middle of the window that says "Disable the internal pointing device when an external pointing device is attached".

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L675D-S7049

Danielle, maybe you have the setting in CB's message.

-Jerry
MrsDanielleC

Thank you for your response! But I went to check to see if it that was the issues and its not its already unchecked. Any other ideas?!

Thanks you for any help!

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

It's possibly just turned off. Try FN+F9 which turns the TouchPad on/off.  Also, on that model, you should have a very small hard to see switch recessed in the keyboard bezel between the TouchPad and the Space Bar.  That switch also toggles the TouchPad on/off.

If neither of those turn the TouchPad back on, reinstall the Synaptics TouchPad Driver located HERE.

C.B.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
MrsDanielleC

Thank you for your response! It appears i have many problems. I had to restart my computer because my USB mouse wasn't working. Now i can get it to turn on at all the light for the power comes on but i think there should be another light for the hard drive to come on, and that isnt? I also determined last night that my windows update is not working either. My computer has been sent to the warranty repair 3 times already and i have actually just got it back not even 3 weeks ago. I don't think it's been updated since i have recieved it back. 

Other issues i have had to send my computer in for warrant for: 

-Over heating

-Not starting

-Keyboard completely stopped working 

- Screen 

Now this. I am not impressed with toshiba and i work part-time from home using my computer. Since i've sent it in twice just since septemeber. I have never had this many issues with a computer before. Are these problems common in toshibas?

Thanks, 

Danielle 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

Danielle, with all those troubles, most of which you didn't mention earlier, you need to consider recovering your computer back to the day it was brand new right out-of-the-box.  It will be like starting all over again; however, you will lose everything you have added in the way of programs, data, updates, etc. If possible and you don't already have a backup on some external device, you need to do that first which will lessen the problems of restoration. For the complete procedure and a thorough discussion about HDD recovery, see your USER'S GUIDE  starting on page 60 entitled "Recovery of Internal Storage Drive".

Good Luck!

C.B.

C.B.

bkwmn

Thank you! Your solution helped. I never noticed the tiny button above the touchpad. :-)