eirlymeyer

Touchpad double click - right and left click keys not working -Satellite - A505 S6033

Touchpad double click - right and left keys not working - Satellite - A505 S6033.

I woke up, turned on my laptop, and had noticed problems with my Touchpad.

Issues went as follows:

1.  Intermittment Left-Click Problems:  Left-Click was not working as it should.  When used touchpad to go to various applications, it would highlight the item & it would take multiple clicks to work.

2. Left-Click would then start working as if it was Right-Click.

I then tried a remedy based on same issues in the laptop forums:

A. Disable then Enable Touchpad

B.  Uninstall & Re-Install Touchpad Drivers

NONE of these steps has worked properly, but now, Right-Click, Left-Click, and Double-Click on the Touchpad does not work at all.

Current Touchpad Functioning:

I am able to scroll and move around the Touchpad mouse, but no clickable functions are working.  I am able to utilize an USB Mouse completely fine. 

This Toshiba Satelitte A505 S6033 is only a few months old.

Can anyone assist me in getting this fixed.  Very fustrating to have to wake up to a non-functioning laptop. 

Note: Only recent download was directly from Adobe which was the newest version of Adobe Acrobat.

ohwhat2

Re: Touchpad double click - right and left click keys not working -Satellite - A505 S6033

Im having the same issue as the first one you mention. I have a Satellite A505 s6005.  Did you ever find a solution?

Occasional Advisor
TheWarrior

Re: Touchpad double click - right and left click keys not working -Satellite - A505 S6033

Try booting to WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment) by holding down F8 while booting up then selecting repair your computer. When it boots to WinRE, check if touchpad works there. If it does, it is Software issue. Try doing system restore while in WinRE.

Super Advisor
miker643

ohwhat2 wrote:

Im having the same issue as the first one you mention. I have a Satellite A505 s6005.  Did you ever find a solution?

Satellite A505-S6005

Try to reload your Toshiba supplied touchpad driver.

Synaptics Touch Pad Driver for Windows XP/7 (32/64)

See this article, even if this is not a problem, it will show you how to access the controls for your touchpad.

Mouse pointer jumps around as you type

Good luck.

Mike