chls03
Accepted Solution

Touchpad Scrolling Doesn't Work On Laptop

When I run my finger along the side of my touchpad, it doesn't scroll. My mouse just moves.  I no longer see an option for it in the mouse properties/settings. I've had this problem for a while, but usually use an external mouse, so I haven't dealt with it.  Control Panel>Mouse doesn't help. Any other suggestions?

I just updated my Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad driver. I have version
10.0.9.0 r2

Toshiba Satellite A215-s4747
AMD Turion 64 X2 1.8 GHZ
2GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1200
Windows Vista Home Premium

Occasional Contributor
ppitlanish

Re: Touchpad Scrolling Doesn't Work On Laptop

I have this same problem. The Toshiba User's Guide says to remedy it in the Mouse Dialog Box controls, but I can't find anything in there to set or remove scrolling options.  :smileysad:
Occasional Contributor
ppitlanish

Well, what the heck! I uninstalled the Synaptics driver, didn't (couldn't, somehow) reinstall the driver I downloaded from their website, am now left with an "Alps Pointing Device," by default, I guess? and now..........the scrolling works!!  Wow.  If I need it, how do I get the Synaptics back? It's not found when I search the computer. But hey, the problem is solved.  :smileyvery-happy:
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

chls03

What I ended up doing was uninstalling the Synaptic TouchPad Driver and installing the Alps touchpad driver v7.0.301.4:smileyhappy: from the Toshiba website. It seems to have worked for me, I can now scroll up and down and the buttons on the touch pad work on the tabs of the browser.