o0eagleeye0o

Touchpad Cable 'Clip' Missing

My touchpad stopped working, and I heard a rattling sound inside of my computer. After moving the Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960 (just thought I should throw that in there for clarity's sake), the rattling stopped. My touchpad still didn't work. I opened up my computer to discover that a black clip attaching a cable running from the touchpad to, I believe the motherboard, came off. It was nowhere to be found in the computer, and I'm assuming it's stuck in some dark crack.

I went to Geek Squad and told them of my plight, and I asked if they sold any of these 'clips'. They told me that I should contact Toshiba. I contacted Toshiba tech support, and they said that I could order the part from the National Parts Depot. THEN, I contacted the NPD only to discover that they do not sell the black clip. I must send in my laptop for repair.

I went back to Toshiba's service center, and I looked at repair options for my laptop (whose warranty expired Dec 2010). It costs $250 for a minor repair. I understand that price if they had to completely replace the touchpad or something. However, from my perspective, I am being told that it will cost me $250 for a tiny, plastic clip that probably costs around a $0.05, a nickel, to manafacture. This doesn't even include the enormous inconvenience for me because I am a photographer, and I need my laptop to do work.

The point of my story is this: First, I find it incredibly frustrating that the laptop didn't come with a few spare parts that cost almost nothing (screws, the clips). Second, I find it absolutely ridiculous that I cannot even order an extremely basic part from the "NATIONAL PARTS DEPOT". I'm very disappointed in Toshiba for the poor customer service.

A_User

Re: Touchpad Cable 'Clip' Missing

I have this same exact problem. Is there any solution to this?

Peter

If your notebook's actually missing a physical part, it sounds like it would need servicing.

- Peter
Zman111

Zman111