kcomer95
Accepted Solution

Toshiba Satellite c855 Laptop Touchpad Not Working.

Hi, my girlfriend is having problems with her Toshiba laptop. She just got this laptop on March 2nd, 2013, so 3 days ago. The mouse was freezing constantly, and then it disappeared and will not come back. She called Toshiba and they told her it was a software problem, not a hardware problem, and that she has to pay $249 for more insurance, when she already has a warranty to last her through Feb. 28th, 2014. She is a graphic designer and cannot afford to lose the work that is on her latpop, so if anyone could provide any type of suggestions to bring her mouse back, that would be great. Also, she is operating on Windows 8, not Windows 7, so she needs her mouse to do virtually anything on her computer.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Toshiba Satellite c855 Laptop Touchpad Not Working.

If it's software that's making the trouble, it will be fixed by restoring the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

See the section Recovering the Internal Storage Drive, which begins on p. 54 of the User's Guide.

Satellite/Satellite Pro C800/L800/S800 Series User’s Guide

Always tell which Satellite C855 that is when you post here. See the label on the bottom.

-Jerry
Mr0x00

[ Edited ]

Intel Management Engine driver is the culprit. You got it via Win8 optional updates!

Solution: Enable touchpad via function key - Win+F5

GAILNY

It worked great!  I dont know how I did that to diable the mouse but you just saved me hours of aggravaton, thank you!

sophsav

Worked for me too, excellent! Thank you!

fountainfuture

Thanks alot!!! Worked for me!!!

AshokGK215

Re: Toshiba Satellite c855 Laptop Touchpad Not Working.(Try Fn key to make it work)

I have Toshiba Satellite L875 Laptop PC with Windows 8.  I found out that Fn key F5 toggles working of my touchpad.

So if you accidentally press that Fn key the touchpad will not respond. If you press that function key again (In my laptop it is 

F5 in other models the function key may be different) your touch pad will start to work. 
You may try the simple function key solution first. If this is not the cause then you can check the update Driver solution etc.

tweeeter

You are the man!!!  I can breathe easy again...

I have a L875 S7108 and it's CTRL + F5 to enable/disable the scrollpad

Tfrank

F5 without CTRL also work for me.

MarilynWolford

You are an angel!  I had the same prob, and it worked wonderfully.  May God Bless you, real good!

louiegthor

Thank you!!!! This worked, I had tried fn and f9 and that hadn't worked!  Thank you for your advice this worked immediately!  Thank again !!1 

Laurie :smileyvery-happy:

Gvantsa

[ Edited ]

does toshiba satellite C855-1Q9 with serial number XXXXXXXXX really exist? I have one and cant find drivers :smileyindifferent:

[Moderator edit to remove serial number.]

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

It does exist and you will find your support including driver downloads at Toshiba-EU located HERE.  This site is for U.S. models only and yours is a European model..

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
ginaml7

I JUST had the same problem, found this post & it worked GREAT!  Thanks sooo much!  :smileyhappy:

ElGuybrush

Saved me a whole lot of trouble, thankfully this was the top search option for "toshiba laptop touchpad"

once again, thanks a bunch!

pixie1121

Re: Toshiba Satellite c855 Laptop Touch Not Working.

I have a Satellite C855D my touch pad wasn't working, for what ever reason.  After going through support pages and forums I decided to try CTRL F5 and that turned it on and off.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Toshiba Satellite c855 Laptop Touch Not Working.

F5 by itself is sufficient.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
pixie1121

I tried just pressing F5 and it was non responsive when I pressed CTRL and F5 it turned the touch pad on and off and back on.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Can't argue with success!  :smileyvery-happy:

C.B.

WazeerMuhammadAgha

F5 is on but i restor the widows but now the touch pad and keyboard driver not intaled and now both not working ...and the windows also unactive now it means i have 3 problems  now plzzzzzzzzzz help me