jordo

Toshiba Satellite L655-S5060 Keyboard Issues

Hi,

After doing a variety of things to remedy this issue, I am wondering if there are any specific things with Toshiba Machines that I am missing here.  When I key in R it produces 0987Y5 (Only with Caps Lock on) with Caps lock on it produces nothing.  There are a few other keys that machine does stuff like this with as well, and the space bar, forget about it.  It simply does not work.  This happened randomly the other day.  So far I have tried several options:

1) Ran a full ESET scan to ensure there were no viruses

2) Tried so many FN + (you name the key) things to unlock a setting that may have been enabled on accident.

3) Tried to run in Safe Mode

4) Did all Windows Updates

5) Uninstalled the keyboard driver then allowed Windows to re-install

6) After all of that failed did a factory re-set with the partition set aside on the computer for factory reset.

After all of those tries I am still having the same issues.  The machine is out of warranty, so if anyone has any experience on this issue that would be great!

Thanks

Peter

Re: Toshiba Satellite L655-S5060 Keyboard Issues

Your troubleshootings steps seem sound to me. Because the problem persists after a factory recovery, it's likely a hardware failure and would require servicing.

- Peter