Robsee055

Toshiba Satellite C855 Touchpad Not Working

Hello there, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C855 laptop about three weeks ago. It's been working extremely well in every category. Two days ago, my touchpad stopped working, and I was unable to find out why. I restarted the laptop several times and still it won't work. I shut it down and let it sit a while, and still it won't work. This is an extremely irritating problem, and it doesn't bode well for a new laptop to have this sort of problem so early in its life cycle. If anyone could tell me any ways on how to troubleshoot this issue, that would be great. PS: I did pay for a protection plan, so if no options work, I'll just take it in and see what they can do. However I use this for work purposes, so to have it sent in would be a major inconvenience, so I’m going to try everything I can before sending it in.  :smileyhappy:

Thanks a lot, I hope to hear from you people. 

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Toshiba Satellite C855 Touchpad Not Working

You didn't give me the complete model number so I could look up the details.  Assuming you are using Windows 8 with such a new computer, you could have inadvertently turned off the Touchpad by hitting F5 which toggles the TouchPad on/off. So try to turn it on with F5.  If F5 alone doesn't work, try FN+F5.

If you have to post back here, give me your full model info as in my examples below.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
kiksmon21

pls help me.my new Toshiba satellite C855D-S5104 Synaptics Touchpad MultiFinger Gestures is not working.

im using windows 8 64-bit

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Have you read the TouchPad use instructions  starting on page 64 of your User's Guide? Go to Mouse Properties located at Control Panel--Mouse--Device Settings--Settings and see that everything you want is Enabled there.

In the future when you post, please start your own thread rather than tagging onto another's post.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
tropicalfrog80

THANK YOU for the F5 button.... I bought a laptop a couple months ago and all the sudden my touchpad didn't work.  I was very upset but knew there had to be a way to fix it.  I appreciate your help with this and the fact I didn't have anything wrong with my computer!!!!  THANK YOU THANK YOU!