[ Edited ]

Fn + F1 = Lock your computer

Fn + F2 = Power Plan

Fn + F3 = Sleep

Fn + F4 = Hibernate

Fn + F5 = Toggle display output

Fn + F6 = Brightness down

Fn + F7 = Brightness up

Fn + F8 = Enable / Disable WiFi and Bluetooth(if there is)

Fn + F9 = Enable / Disable Touchpad

Fn + F10 = Enable / Disable Scroll lock

Fn + F11 = Enable / Disable Number pad

FnEsc = Speakers On/Off

**This will only work if you are already inside windows and you have your desktop up.

Oops i forgot the other keys... but hope this can help 

Message Edited by nicholaiCUTE on 12-11-2008 03:21 PM
-----------------------
oOo
*Read EULA before installing any software.
:smileywink:
Pennick44

Re: Toshiba Function Keys

[ Edited ]

What is the Fn key?

Found It !!

Message Edited by Pennick44 on 12-09-2008 05:00 AM
stevegg

OK, got the idea, however, at this moment, my touch pad has been disabled by inadvertantly hitting the F9.  Now I would like my touchpad back.  Do I hit Fn + F9 while booting, or at any time?
Regular Advisor
nicholaiCUTE

stevegg wrote:
OK, got the idea, however, at this moment, my touch pad has been disabled by inadvertantly hitting the F9.  Now I would like my touchpad back.  Do I hit Fn + F9 while booting, or at any time?

Yes, just press the Fn combination to enable it while you are on your "Desktop screen" not while booting.

-----------------------
oOo
*Read EULA before installing any software.
:smileywink:
MikeD

My F5 FN combination on longer produces

the display option box any idea on how to fix this

MikeD 

Occasional Contributor
oalee

Try pressing on the FN-key first and then F5 to toggle around the available displays.
=====================================================
Okay, now I've closed all the windows. What do I do next? By the way, it's a bit warmer with all the windows closed...
dukecoco

My cat likes to walk across my keyboard and do creative things.  The result of her last walk and plop down on my keyboard was that my touchpad no longer worked.  I had an old USB mouse which worked fine.  I did a search and found the FN keys.  FN F9 did restore the touchpad, but when I went to type the FN keys that are on the right hand of the pad were locked in place.  So o became a right arrow, j the end key etc.

I finally looked carefully and there was a tiny green light on under the F10 key - which is reportedly the scroll lock.  FN F10 took the light off and now I can type.

I also finally found the way to lock the FN keys so I can use the numberic key pad on FN since there is no separate keypad on my satellite P35 S611 keyboard (thank your toshiba).

Thanks to this thread it put me in the right direction with only an hour of frazzled nerves.

Jo248

I have a question...I accidently hit the fn button with the f1 button and it goes into security mode if I am not moving my mouse... I don't know how to deactivate it from basically going into sleep mode... can anyone help?