clang1979

Re: T135-S1309 Touchpad Unuseable

Actually, it happens every time my computer goes to sleep on its own.  When it wakes up, the touchpad is sticky.  Then if I manually put it to sleep and wake it up again, the problem goes away.  Argh!! 

gburke

The same thing is happening to me. Can someone please let me know when this problem is resolved. This is really annoy and I hope this gets fixed quick. I just bought the computer yesterday and can barely use it because the touch pad doesn't work. 

nosleep100

Jim.  Any update on this issue.  As you can imagine and as others have mentioned, the touchpad issue makes an otherwise great laptop really painful to use.

chriswho

t135-s1312 user here. i had the problem of a VERY choppy cursor with the synaptic drivers. once i removed the driver and installed the windows 7 driver, the problem was gone, but lost many of the functions i really liked... to the admin, is the problem of the touchpad buttons being addressed or also the problem of the very choppy and laggy mouse from the synaptic drivers also being addressed??

Netwrkr

Re: T135-S1309 Touchpad UnI useable

I do notice some of the issues with the touchpad, mostly because it appears that the capacitave touch is too sensitive around the edges.  When I leave my finger on the left or right mouse buttons, it seems that the touch pad does not respond.

My biggest issue with the laptop is the keyboard.  I have always been a big promoter of Toshiba laptops because I believe they give you a lot for your money, but the keyboard on this laptop is like typing on a big block of ice.  It's very attractive to look at, but very difficult to touch type with.  I find myself spending more time correcting my typing than actually typing.

caryhart

T130-10G Touchpad screen pointer gets stuck in random modes (Same as T135 but Euro Model)

Satelite T130-10G Touchpad Screen Pointer gets stuck in random modes and the notebook must be restarted to restore functionality Pressing the Center of "touchpad button's" rocker switch causes the touchpad pointer to enter a random state like the two finger zoom. Sometimes it will revert back to normal but most time the computer must be put to sleep or restarted to restore functionality.

a. Tried turning off all touch pad functionality one item at a time and with everything off it still entered some wierd random state, (Didn't try ever possible combination need $ to be that intrested but went to 90% level)
b. Tried disabling the offending touch pad buttons and only using tap mode for buttons and problem still persisted.
c. Finally tried flexing the whole keyboard instead of pressing the buttons and this also created the problem.

This leads me to believe either the rocker switch being pressed or flexing the whole keyboard is causing either
a. flexing of the touch pad causing the driver to enter a crazy state or require recalibration.
b. flexing the electrical connections causing the driver to enter a crazy state or require recalibration.

Note: I did reinstall the latest driver.
Also: The touch pad is overly sensitive making it very unusable!

Cary

jamest

Just bought the t135 at Best Buy and it immediately started having the unresponsive jumpy pointer issue. A reboot fixes it, but it is very annoying. Please post up a fix to this issues once one is found. I haven't yet tried removing drivers or anything.

sadT135buyer

Another unhappy T135 buyer.  Hope Toshiba fixes this soon or issues a recall.  Agree with all the other posts re: pushing near the left center of the rocker switch freezes the cursor every time.  As to the comment about pushing on the keyboard I did not find that to be the case.  Instead, pushing on the palm rest just to the left of the touchpad is the critical place.  So unfortunately that means that if you rest your left hand too hard it will happen.  This is not good news as it points to a mechanical flex related electrical connection issue - not easily fixed in SW unless they can isolate the interrupt and get the executive to ignore it.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

A brief update...

A likely solution for this issue is undergoing extensive testing.  I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Jim

jamest

Thank you Jim! I'm looking forward to a fix to this.

Administrator Administrator
Administrator
jim

Me, too!   ;-)

ozhanu

hi i am facing the same problem. bough a t135 from bestbuy.

any update about t135 mausepad problem?

Jason8

I work in Geek Squad and have done pre-setups on a few of these, and I liked them a lot, so I ended up buying one yesterday.  However, I've noticed this strange behavior on the touchpad on multiple units.  I figured it was just my finger (Sometimes capacitive panels don't detect my finger, don't know why that is), but when I got it home yesterday, I noticed it just about completely died.  I could replicate it the same exact way as described in this thread, and putting it to sleep for a few seconds fixes the issue.

I've been taking good care to only click the extreme left and right on the silver clickerbar, and I really haven't had the problem since.  Click near the center and bam, touchpad stops working.

It's good to see that a fix is in the works.  I love this laptop.  The only thing from making it perfect is the mousepad issue.

jas3540

I'm in a bit of a quandary. I purchased this laptop from Best Buy online, but with in-store pickup. I'm supposed to pick it up in about 12 hours from now.  However, I still have the option to cancel the purchase prior to pick up at the store. Based on this issue, should I cancel the purchase and wait for the "corrected" models to go on sale, or will the fix be something a relative non-techie like me will be able to handle?  Any input will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

DWF
DWF

Just bought a T135D-1322 today from BJ's for $499. 

Same problem.  I thought it was me, this is my first laptop.

Jason8

To be 100% honest, I'd get it anyway.  It plays 720p video flawlessly, the screen is beautiful, the keyboard is great, and I've gotten 9 hours of battery life out of it two days in a row.  The touchpad thing really doesn't happen that often, only when you click near the center of the silver clickbar, for lack of a better term.  Just click on the corner points that it has and you'll never see the issue. 

Performance wise, I wasn't expecting half of what I got.  It's a slim, beautiful computer that can decently handle some process-intensive tasks.  I've installed VMWare Workstation (A program that allows you to run multiple operating systems at the same time) and it handles it well.

Just remember not to click near the center of the click bar.

jas3540

Thanks for the input. I did decide to go ahead and buy it. I've only had a brief time to try it, but I'm going to be very careful about clicking "properly." I may also disable it and use a wireless mouse, as that is what I'm used to anyway.

The unit does get very warm. I know there are warning signs about this all over the box, so I'm sure it's normal, but I'm wondering if a chill pad would be in order? It can't be good for the circuitry to heat up like that all the time, or is it just the battery that is so hot? Does anyone know?

snsmith86

I have a -1309 from Best Buy and am very happy except for the touchpad (I went as far as to replace the hard disk with an SSD...really makes the laptop go).

As for the touchpad, as described earlier in this thread, I uninstalled the default driver and am using the generic Windows 7 PS/2 mouse driver which stops the jumpy cursor problem while losing the gesture and scroll area features...I figure it's a small price to pay for a more usable touchpad when I'm not using a wireless mouse.  This tells me that regardless of whether this is a hardware or software problem, it can certainly be fixed in software.

The only remaining problem is the touchpad is very easily touched by my left palm, which moves the cursor (and app focus) somewhere else, but I'm just going to have to get used to keeping my palm away...

finnish_babe133

I'm having the same issues with my T135-S1309.  This has been frustrating me to no end and I'm so glad that it isn't just me experiencig this.  I don't think this is supposed to happen, as I saw someone comment. This is a flaw that I don't think I can work with and I will be returning the computer. This really upsets me because I really liked the size and many of the functions of this laptop.

Jason8

Any news on the fix?