Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Synaptic Touchpad not working

[ Edited ]

Afraid not, Vickstar.  It's just one of life's enduring mysteries about computers that change things on their own without any specific input causing it.  :smileyfrustrated:

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
marion

hi thanks my touchpad was not working sone what u said and its working great thanks alot

Eva1990

Can you advise how to get my touchpad working again on toshiba satellite p100-152 Tried the suggested solutions but no success, the laptop has not been used for 1 year. I would like to perform a system restore however my curser cannot move and USB mouse is undetected by the laptop. Thanks
Vin100

Re: [Solved] Synaptic Touchpad not working

I have a Satellite C850-161 and faced this issue with the TouchPad. I followed the steps recommended in this thread and it worked. I see this thread started in February 2012 and it seems that this issue occurs on several models. Have Toshiba identified the root cause? Have they come back with a patch/fix?

Regards,

Vincent

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

Not as far as we know, Vincent. I'm glad the workaround worked for you.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Nikz0127

HI,    My touch pad has stop working, tried doing the fir...

HI, 

My touch pad has stop working, tried doing the first resolution but it didn't work. I dont want to do the system back up because the lates back up messes up my IE and I just restored it. Rest assured that my touch pad is working ok after I have done the system restored 3 days ago.

My laptop is an I5 Satellite L840 Series. 

Thanks in advance.

belenstan

First my Keyboard died, Just stopped working after Microsoft update about a year ago L675-s7048. Then 4 months ago the touchpad and related mouse keys failed. Tried everything. External mouse and onscreen keyboard got me by. Yesterday usong free registry cleaners- cleaned a lot of bad registry and malware Keyboard came back. System says synaptic pointing device functioning properly. But its dead. Any suggestions. After this we will tackle Disc drive not working either . Thanks, Stan astra

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

[ Edited ]

Please start a new thread when you have a question or problem rather than piggy backing on a 6 month old thread. If you have any further posts, please do that.

For the TouchPad, have you tried to turn it on using FN+F9? Your model computer also has a physical on/off switch located between the TouchPad and the space bar recessed in the keyboard bezel.  It is very hard to see so look CLOSELY.

C.B.

C.B.

Niki9

Thank you it worked on my satelitte P745

Aaronking

just press F5 it will fork if you use windows 8 or others i have the same problem but only f5 slove it hehe

tnyazzie

My parents barely bought me a toshiba satellite c850 laptop as a graduation gift, I got through the setup and as the screen said 'lets begin' the screen turned a dark gray color and has been this way for about 25 minutes, did I do something wrong?
frostyfantasies

Thanks alot, I really appreciate your help....my touchpad works totally!

davidlalexander

Aaronking wrote:

just press F5 it will fork if you use windows 8 or others i have the same problem but only f5 slove it hehe

I was playing around with FN key to see what each  key's function is and my mouse froze. I used my USB mouse to find this thread. I have to support Aaronking on this one. FN + F5 turned the trackpad back on. So I signed up so I could make this reply! That would make this my first post in this forum. Woo Hoo! LOL Simple. Thanks!

codybeefcake

I HAVE ANOTHER SOLUTION.

FN+F9+F5 

cyberanimas

Toshiba Satellite A105-S101 (PSAA2U-01T018) Touchpad and speakers does not work...

I have a notebook Toshiba Satellite A105-S101 (PSAA2U-01T018) and I formated the hard disk installing the Windows XP Professional SP3 and I have installed the Toshiba drivers from the support page with its serial number.

So after the drivers the laptop speakers, touchpad and the Atheros Wireless adaptes does not work.

Please some body knows how to fix it I need help.

maveick22988

hi thanks dude! 

my touchpad is working again...

but i have also one problem i cannot use some of keyboard keys because its malfunctioned(r,f2,f3,2,)...do you know how to fix this?or  should i call a service center?

maveick22988

btw, i have toshiba satellite c660

buddy16748

i need help ;( the only way my touchpas will work is when i click and hold the left or right button on it thats the only way i tryed number 1 and still its not working and i tryed restarting it like 5 times D; please help ASAP

grumps

Worked for me also.
. Had been using a wireless mouse for a few weeks, so I did not know when the trackpad stopped working.
Tried system restore, and rolling back the driver, then updating the driver in device manager. Nothing worked.
To get to set up I pressed and held F2 while pressing the power switch. (Removed battery and power, and pressed power for 15 seconds before)
Good solution. Thanks.

Laptop....Satellite C850 Windows 7 64bit.
grumps

Just to add, In mouse properties , device settings, (control panel) I've checked "Disable internal pointiong device when external USB pointing device is attached" ........see if that stops it happening again.
It gives me a message to say it's disabled when I plug in the wireless mouse dongle.