SamWho

Satellite L855-S5112 Touch pad quit working

I've had my Satellite L855-S5112 for about a month and the touchpad has stopped working.  I can't find it in the Device Manager, reinstalled drivers, tried several of the fixes I've found on this forum but nothing seems to work.  The F5 function key doesn't do anything although the rest of the function keys seem to be working.

gleedah18

Re: Satellite L855-S5112 Touch pad quit working

Seems like this happens a lot.  Check out this link.  I had the same problem, but had even worse problems after uninstalling the driver, insofar as it did not automatically reload after the reboot.  I would try updating the driver rather than uninstalling as suggested in the link.  Alternatively, re-download the driver from the Toshiba website.  It has the name Synaptic attached to it.  Hope this helps.

http://www5.nohold.net/Toshiba/ukp.aspx?pid=3&app=vagent&login=1&ruleid=368

SamWho

I've tried all that.  The Alps driver doesn't even show up in the device manager. Touchpad is enabled in the Bios and by function key.  I've uninstalled, updated, reinstalled, etc.  Nothing seems to work.

KarenTo

Yes whoopee mine came out of the box with touch pad not working. It quit once or twice more for unknown reasons.

But I just got a NEW Toshiba external hard drive for backing up files and guess what?

Connecting the Toshiba hard drive to the Toshiba laptop killed my touch pad!

I got the same brand hard drive hoping to NOT have problems. So I end up having to go borrow a mouse from someone to get my touch pad working. Toshiba you FAIL on this issue!