02-28-2012 02:36 PM
My Satellite A665 is fresh out of warranty (it expired a month ago, go figure) and has started acting crazy! I can press any key on my keyboard: letter, number, symbol, space... and it types the numbers, 0-9, in order. For example; if I press "A" repeatedly, I will get: 0123456789. Seriously?! This is making it immensly hard to use. (NOTE: I am at work & typing this on my office computer).
I do have *some* technical knowledge, but I am certainly no expert. Here's what I've done so far:
1. Rebooted. It seemed to work. For 5 minutes. Then 0123456789... GRR
2. Shut down. Removed Battery. Waited 30 secs. Replaced Battery. Rebooted. Same thing, 5 mins of good, then 0123456789. GRR
3. Browsed forums. Found nothing. It seems this issue is unique to me an my laptop. GRR
4. Posted here. Holding breath in hopes someone can help. Please?!?
& Thanks in advance to anyone offering advice!
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-28-2012 03:08 PM - edited 02-28-2012 03:09 PM
Try this, Leyna. Do the following in the order listed:
1. Go to Device Manager, double click on Keyboards, right click on the keyboard listed there, click on Uninstall and then do a restart. The keyboard driver will automatically reinstall.
2. If that doesn't solve your problem, do a System Restore back to when the keyboard was working properly all the time.
02-28-2012 03:13 PM
Thank you C.B. I will try this as soon as I get home, and will post the results on this thread. Fingers crossed that this will do the trick! I really appreciate your prompt reply!
02-28-2012 03:18 PM - edited 02-28-2012 03:30 PM
It's gonna work!!! It's gonna work!!! And I mean the easy one--number 1.
02-29-2012 12:02 AM
Thanks for your help C.B.!
Unfortunately, the easy one, #1 didn't work. BUT the still pretty easy one, #2 DID WORK! I restored my system to last week (before the trouble started) & so far, so good. I've been typing with no trouble for the last 30 minutes or so, YAY! & Yes, some things that I've changed recently need to be changed again, but I don't think that's too big of a deal, if I can TYPE!
Your help is gretly appreciated!
02-29-2012 07:28 AM
Good Luck, Leyna. I really feel that it will be a permanent fix. And you can tell your friends that a very happy soon-to-be great-great grandfather helped you with your computer problem.
02-29-2012 09:56 AM
That is wonderful & exciting news. Not many people ever have the chance to meet their great-great-grandparents. That is one lucky baby & wow, such a blessing, enjoy!
Wishing much health & happiness to you & your family!