AsgerAK
Accepted Solution

SOLVED: FN + F5 won't re-enable the touchpad on P850-30P.

[ Edited ]

Original message:
Hello Toshiba.

An hour ago I booted up my 3 week old laptop (Toshiba Satellite P850-30P) and for some reason the touchpad has been disabled as if FN + F5 was pressed (the white LED in the touchpad is now constantly glowing). I don't recall pressing this button combination, and I also cannot seem to re-enable the pad by pressing the button combination again.

I have tried to reboot my system many times and also tried to follow the support advice in this and similar threads around the internet. When doing the latter I hit a wall when having to "Reset Flash Cards"; an option which doesn't seem to exist in my version of the Flash Cards utility.

I'm running the factory version of Windows 7, 64 bit, and the Part No. is PSPKBE-05S00LN5.

I'm looking forward to your help.

Sincerely Asger A. K.

Solution:

I managed to find the manual override for the FN + F5 button in

Control Panel [View by: Large icons] > Mouse > Device Settings, where you have the option to either Enable or Disable your touchpad.

Clicking Enable and Apply turned off the white LED and returned the pointing functionality of the touchpad :smileyhappy:

ppetersky

Re: SOLVED: FN + F5 won't re-enable the touchpad on P850-30P.

This is a huge tip.  Yesterday, I spent 2 hours on the plane trying to fix this with no success and this worked perfectly.  Thanks for posting.

TaniaVásquezLuque

How can I fix a touchpad mouse in a Toshiba laptop Satellite E55-A5114?

Maybe someone has an advice? How can I fix a touchpad mouse in a Toshiba laptop Satellite E55-A5114, i.e. those laptops that you can't remove batteries from? it has 8.1 Windows (I have tried the F5 button for enabling/disabling the mouse.. but it does not work). Also.... I guess I need to get a usb mouse to apply any solution (because I can't do anything, any command with the frozen pointer). Thanks in advance...
Anunimouse
Kudos: 103

Re: How can I fix a touchpad mouse in a Toshiba laptop Satellite E55-A5114?

[ Edited ]

Hi TaniaVásquezLuque,

it has 8.1 Windows (I have tried the F5 button for enabling/disabling the mouse.. but it does not work)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you tried Fn+F5?

Try using an external mouse first to navigate and control cursor. Then access mouse properties [see image]

BTW: You need an external mouse to navigate the cursor.

1. Press Alt + X

2, Select Control Panel

3. Click Mouse Properties

4. Click Device Settings

5. Click ENABLE.

enable.jpg

6. Click Apply then hit OK.

Hope this works for you!

BTW IF YOU THINK IT HELPS ALOT. PLEASE DONT BE AFRAID TO CLICK KUDOS star ^_^

- cokies