MingusAl

Right click not working.

I have a Satellite P845t-S4305 with Windows 8.  Just within the last few hours the right click on my touchpad stopped working.  Now when I right click I get exactly the same reults as a left click.   Also, the touchpad and cursor have suddenly become very sensitive. 

I don't think I did anything that would cause this change.  I looked at the settings, but it doesn't look like anything has changed.  Rebooting did no good.  I went to the Toshiba drivers page and loaded the most recent driver there, but that made the cursor very slow, sticky, and twitchy.  Although the right click did work.  

However, when I reloaded the original driver, although the cursor and left click went back to as they were, I again have no right click.  What could be the problem here?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Right click not working.

Satellite P845t-S4305

Downloads here

Doesn't seem like a hardware malfunction, but it might be. The only way to tell is to restore the hard disk to its original out-of-the-box contents using Toshiba recovery media.

Settings > Change PC settings > General tab > Remove everything and reinstall Windows

-Jerry
MingusAl

I truly doubt that it's a hardware issue.  The touchpad button does respond to a right click - it just does the same thing as a left click.  And when I loaded the newer "wrong" software, the right click worked normally.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Even so,..

Would it be traumatic to restore that new computer to factory new?

What about a Refresh, which leaves the data files alone?

-Jerry