aleman56

Print screen not working

My print screen key copies nothing. I have tried it in combination with alt, ctrl +alt, fn, fn+ alt, fn lock.

I have also tried the "on screen key board" and prtsc does not work on that either.

I have had this problem since I purchased the laptop (satellite L305-s5909) over a year ago. The computer was repaired about 8 months ago and given a new hard drive due to a problem. I thought that may fix the prtsc problem, however it did not.

Any ideas?

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

Re: Print screen not working

when you hit the print screen button it copies the screen then open paint, office, work, whatever and hit ctrl+v. this will paste it and then you can print. for some reason this is the only way that the print screen button works on any toshiba laptop i have used.

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
aleman56

No, it copies nothing. There is nothing to paste, thats the problem. Thanks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite L305-S5909

What happens when you depress all three of these together?

FN +ALT + PRTSC

-Jerry
gipsonj

Try Ctrl + P

Regular Advisor
gingmag

You need a Print Screen Program for that button to print when you hit it. I had one with XP but don't know where to get one for Windows 7. That is the only way that button will work to print something.

Weiner dogs at large.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

For reader's information..

The button is named Print Screen because in real MS-DOS (prior to Windows) that's what it did.

It copies the screen to the clipboard in all versions of Windows.

Alt + PrintScreen copies just the active window. Very useful.

-Jerry
Quazzar

I have the same problem with a Tecra M2V-S310. I tried any imaginable key combination to make a print screen but nothing is copied to the clipboard. Is like the PrtSc key was no pressed. I checked the BIOS version and is the last version 1.3 the same version that appears at support page for this model. Please help.

buzzardgirl

MAKE SURE THE 'NUM' LOCK BUTTON IS OFF.

I tried it various ways and as soon as I unclicked the 'NUM LOCK' button, (located in the top left corner of the number keys to the right of your keyboard) the FN+PRTSC worked!

ILoveJesus777

Thank so much for this answer! I was beside myself trying to figure out which combination of buttons to use. Bless YOU!

bkmyers

I dont have a Print Screen key on my Win 7 Satellite P-770............So now what combination can I use to copy the active screen????

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Yes, you have a Print Screen key.  Look on page 104 ,of your User's Guide for a picture of where it is and instructions on how to use it.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit