carltonnak
Accepted Solution

Pop-up menu comes up whenever I left or right click on something

I have a problem with my touchpad. Whenever I left or right click on something, a menu pops-up. This makes it almost impossible to get anything done.
Regular Advisor
Defender

Re: Pop-up menu comes up whenever I left or right click on something

Could you provide the model# under discussion please.  What is the menu name of the pop-up>  Recheck your mouse settings.
SusieQsy

I am having the same problem-started last night.  Plus when I go to any site and try to click on somthing-nothing happens.  I go to some game sites and I get to the site but can not play cause I  have to be able to left click--now I can't .  Both problems started last night and I do not know why.  Model: Toshiba Satellite M305-S4848. I hope that someone can help solve this mystery.  The pop up menus are driving me nuts-I can click the escape button and it will disappear until I right or left click on anything.   Thanks ever so much.
Regular Advisor
Defender

Go into Device Manager, locate the mice line item and deinstall, then reboot and allow the new Hard Wizard to reninstall device driver, should help you.
Occasional Advisor
Techman

Does the problem happen with an external mouse?  Have you looked at the button settings for the mouse in control panel?
This signature left intentionally blank.
SusieQsy

i took the laptop to a local computor store. When I use an external mouse, no problems. They downloaded the driver & updates from the Toshiba site and the touchpad still did not work.  I am hoping that this will be covered under the warranty since I just got the laptop in October.  I just dread taking it back to Best Buy because I won't see the laptop again for 4-6 weeks.  Fortunately, I already had an external mouse so I am able to still function on the laptop.  With the external mouse no menu pop ups and can go to all the game sites and run the games plus all the other websites.  Just wanted you to know that I saw your helpful suggestions and that is exactly what the computor place did--to no avail.

Occasional Advisor
Techman

They looked at the button settings in control panel?

And just to be clear, the problem only happens when you click the buttons?

This signature left intentionally blank.
SusieQsy

Yes. When I left or right click I get all these menu windows. I can click on the escape button and they go away until I right or left click again.  In addition, any game sight that I go to and move the arrow cursor to anything and then try to click-nothing happens.  We put an external mouse on and no problems.  So that signifies to me that there is a problem with the touch pad.  I got the laptop in October so it is still under warranty.  I will take it in after Memorial Day to Best Buy and hope that I can get it back in less than 6 weeks 

Thanks for your advice and help

Regular Advisor
Defender

Since under warranty go to the ASP, if local, and have them replace the touchpad component. You could try doing another mice deinstall[since you have the drivers updated supposedly] and reboot and new hardware wizard gets to reinstall.