MB2315

My touch pad/ mouse pad won't work!

I have a satellite c875-s7303. My mouse won't work. I have tried fn and f9 as well as fn and f5. Neither work to get the mouse to work. I have tried resetting my laptop and turning it on and off numerous times. But nothing will work. My mouse will work on the screen for the password but after I enter my password the mouse just disappears. This happened once before and I got it to work again just by resetting it over and over again. But this time it won't work. I would appreciate it of someone could help me! Thanks
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: My touch pad/ mouse pad won't work!

Satellite C875-S7303

My mouse will work on the screen for the password but after I enter my password the mouse just disappears.

Interesting. Let's see if we can track down the problem from there. Does the mouse work reliably after you boot into Safe Mode? At the sign-in screen, start with the Power icon at the lower-right.

Power > Shift + Restart > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart > Startup Settings menu (select #4)

I have tried resetting my laptop..

Exactly what do you mean by that?

-Jerry
Runefiend

I'm also having the same problem with my toshiba satellite c55-a5282. I've tried the same things and it won't work. I'll be watching this thread.

Eddie0022

Re: My mouse won't work!

I have tried installing numerous mice to use on my Satellite model L655D-S5050 and none are recognized nor installed. In fact most times upon putting the USB into the drive slot my computer freezes or slows to a crawl until I remove it. When I go to the Device Driver Preperties for my mouse it comes up blank. NO information at all.. my computer won't / doesn't recognize a mouse connected at all and I can access no drivers to check or update.

rainbowunicorns

this is happening to me too! i have a touchscreen and a wireless mouse but the trackpad will not work at all. i just got this aboutttttttt... maybe a few weeks ago... im not happy with it..it works for the lock screen thing, nothing else, not impressed. im 13 so i shall ask my mom to bring this back and get maybe a non toshiba because my friend has a toshiba and hers is really bad (but hers is also old). good luck with urs

Angie

Peter

Try the suggestions in this video.

Troubleshooting Touchpads

- Peter
melodygirlc

I WANT TO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS VIDEO...IT HELPED OUT RIGHT AWAY.....THANK YOU!!!!