My built in mouse is not working! Why is this?

Hi Toshiba Forum.

I'm having a problem with my Toshiba laptop - my mouse isn't working!

Say for instance I shut down my computer because of updates, or I was done working on it. (I usually don't shut down my computer unless it's for updates!)

When I come back on it, and I click "Google Chrome" to browse, I can't click on the tab's. 

I know this isn't anything with the browser because it works fine on my cousin's computer when I'm using hers when I don't have mine. 

I have to plug in my USB mouse, just to click on my open tabs.

When I take out the USB mouse, my mouse can click on the tabs and do other things.

Right now, I don't have my USB mouse plugged in and it's still doing the same thing.

I also can't copy/paste with my built in mouse, and I'm very upset. 

I have to use my USB mouse to copy and paste.

I feel I should be able to use my laptop mouse since I paid all of this money for this computer.

I think my warranty for my computer has ended, so I'm not sure if Toshiba will let me send it in for a repair, but I'll try to read that page and look for more information.

Thank you for any help that you can give, and sorry if I'm confusing any of you!

Topics: 71
Kudos: 6,009
Solutions: 2,864

Re: My built in mouse is not working! Why is this?

Which computer? There is a label on the bottom.

When I take out the USB mouse, my mouse can click on the tabs and do other things.

Are you saying sometimes it works and sometimes it does not?

-Jerry

It is a Satellite T135-S1309.

Oh, and yes, that is what I mean. (:

Topics: 71
Kudos: 6,009
Solutions: 2,864

Satellite T135-S1309

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Mice and other pointing devices. Do you have the Synaptics or ALPS touchpad?

Double-click it and tell us what Device status has.

-Jerry