SpiritWithin

My built in mouse is not working! Why is this?

Hi Toshiba Forum.

I'm having a problem with my Toshiba laptop - my mouse isn't working!

Say for instance I shut down my computer because of updates, or I was done working on it. (I usually don't shut down my computer unless it's for updates!)

When I come back on it, and I click "Google Chrome" to browse, I can't click on the tab's. 

I know this isn't anything with the browser because it works fine on my cousin's computer when I'm using hers when I don't have mine. 

I have to plug in my USB mouse, just to click on my open tabs.

When I take out the USB mouse, my mouse can click on the tabs and do other things.

Right now, I don't have my USB mouse plugged in and it's still doing the same thing.

I also can't copy/paste with my built in mouse, and I'm very upset. 

I have to use my USB mouse to copy and paste.

I feel I should be able to use my laptop mouse since I paid all of this money for this computer.

I think my warranty for my computer has ended, so I'm not sure if Toshiba will let me send it in for a repair, but I'll try to read that page and look for more information.

Thank you for any help that you can give, and sorry if I'm confusing any of you!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: My built in mouse is not working! Why is this?

Which computer? There is a label on the bottom.

When I take out the USB mouse, my mouse can click on the tabs and do other things.

Are you saying sometimes it works and sometimes it does not?

-Jerry
SpiritWithin

It is a Satellite T135-S1309.

Oh, and yes, that is what I mean. (:

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite T135-S1309

Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and expand Mice and other pointing devices. Do you have the Synaptics or ALPS touchpad?

Double-click it and tell us what Device status has.

-Jerry