erlywa

Mouse stopped working

Last night I was using my Toshiba laptop as always with no issues at all. I closed the lid and left for awhile. When I returned, the mouse buttons/touchpad suddenly do not work at all. No prior warning or issues/malfunctions, they just stopped altogether with no apparent reason when I shut down the computer for awhile. I have had to attach a usb wireless mouse but that is just irritating. The laptop just over a year old. 4c250739r and it is running Windows 7.

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Mouse stopped working

First thing to try is a System Restore back to sometime just before yesterday.  If that doesn't work and you post back here, please give your COMPLETE model info as in my examples below.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
brians1024

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue.  My wife's touchpad stopped working lastnight.

I've tried holding down the FN key + F9 and disabled and enabled the mouse.  Still didn't work.

I've tried powering down, unplugging, removing battery, hold power button down 15 seconds, reinstall battery and plug back in.  Wait for Toshiba splash screen, hit F2, the F9 to restore (entered for yes), F10 to save and exit.  Touchpad still didn't work.

I went to the control panel and looked at the mouse.  Everything under the Synaptics tab was grayed out.

I went to programs and uninstalled synaptics.

Went to http://support.toshiba.com/ and looked up the model and reinstalled touchpad drivers.  Went through all the previous steps I had tried and still no luck.  Looked at the mouse synaptics tab again and everything is still grayed out.

After reading reply, restored to 2 days ago.  Still not working.

Like OP, having to use external touchpad. 

She has a Toshiba Satellite, model PSAG8U-02E018, running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2  32 bit

Any other things you can think of to help me get this thing working (besides buying a new computer :smileyhappy:  )?

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

brians1024--We would have preferred that you started your own thread with your problem.  If you ever need to repost, please do so.  That said, you have done a very thorough job of troubleshooting doing exactly what I would have done.  Unfortunately, it looks like your problem is hardware requiring service.

One final try would be a complete out-of-box HDD recovery.  If that doesn't solve your problem, it definitely is hardware. Consult your User's Guide at Start--All Programs--Toshiba or My Toshiba for full instructions and caveats about doing the recovery.

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
brians1024

Thanks CB, what I was afraid of.

In the event of starting new post, always read in forums about something being answered a million times.  When I signed on lastnight, the first thread had a title exactly with what I would have titled.

I believe if I had started another post, I would have gotten that, "That question has been asked and answered a million times" from someone.  Just can't win that battle.  :smileyhappy:

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Don't worry about that as it's our standard request so things are easier for us to keep threads straight.  Good Luck if you go with the recovery try.

C.B.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

erlywa wrote:...

Satellite L775-S7111

Your driver is here.

Synaptics TouchPad Driver

-Jerry