xv92x

Mouse/Touchad intermittent moving mouse clicks and freezes

Ok I've searched all over for this answer - with my keyboard - and I've tried every uninstall reinstall driver update there is and I cant fix this problem.  When I simply try to move the mouse around it will go from working smoothly to clicking like crazy by just touching the pad.  So if I try to move the mouse down to open a browser window for example, it will open 25 browsers just putting my finger on the pad, not tap clicking.  Then I wont even be able to move the mouse then all of a sudden I can use it just fine.  I dont know what the problem is as I said any driver solutions lead to nothing.  I've also tried a system restore and uninstalling everything

Frequent Advisor
Pensacola_Tiger

Re: Mouse/Touchad intermittent moving mouse clicks and freezes

xv92x wrote:

Ok I've searched all over for this answer - with my keyboard - and I've tried every uninstall reinstall driver update there is and I cant fix this problem.  When I simply try to move the mouse around it will go from working smoothly to clicking like crazy by just touching the pad.  So if I try to move the mouse down to open a browser window for example, it will open 25 browsers just putting my finger on the pad, not tap clicking.  Then I wont even be able to move the mouse then all of a sudden I can use it just fine.  I dont know what the problem is as I said any driver solutions lead to nothing.  I've also tried a system restore and uninstalling everything

It may be a hardware problem.  Only way to tell for sure is to use the recovery disks to wipe the drive and put the notebook back to 'out-of-the-box' condition.  Be sure to backup anything you want to save, as everything will be erased.  If the touchpad still has an issue, it's service time to correct the problem.

Ace Organizer
Chico

Re: Mouse/Touchad intermittent moving mouse clicks and freezes

Thank you for using the Toshiba Laptop Forums. Since there have been no posts to this thread in several days, it is being marked "read only" as part of our routine message board maintenance.

If you still need assistance, please feel free to post a new message.

Chico