Merciless911

Media touchpad not working

Hello, I have a toshiba labtop.  Satellite series p755-S5265.  About 2 weeks ago the media touch bar stopped working (the one with the volume controls, eco mode, wireless on/off, etc).  What should I do?

I'm guessing I should first try to uninstall/reinstall some driver, but I'm not exactly sure which one, how to go about that or where to download the new one from.  Thanks in advance...

Super Advisor
cbwilsha

Re: Media touchpad not working

[ Edited ]

Uninstall TVAP (Toshiba Value Added Package).  Restart.  Reinstall TVAP located here:

P755-S5265 TVAP

C.B.

Toshiba Sat. L675D-S7016 Win 8 PRO 64 Bit---Toshiba Sat. L775D-S7132 Win 7 PRO SP3 64 Bit which also has Virtual Machine with Win XP SP3---Toshiba Sat. L305-S5921 Win Vista SP2 32 Bit
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Media touchpad not working

Satellite P755-S5265

If the TVAP reinstall doesn't work, we've seen this help. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for 30 seconds.

Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart.

-Jerry