taryneb

Media Buttons lit up/not working

I have a laptop Satellite M305D-S4830 and the media control buttons are lit up, but not working when touched. This includes my mute button, media button, and the play/pause, stop, fast forward, and rewind button. Please help!

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Media Buttons lit up/not working

Satellite M305D-S4830 

Won't hurt to uninstall and then reinstall the TVAP. There are three listed for your model. (The last two are different even though they have the same version number.) Try them all if necessary.

Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista/7 (64) (Version 1.2.33_64 - Released Date 11/09/09)

Toshiba Value Added Package (TVAP) for Windows 7/Vista (64) (Version 1.2.27_64 - Released 10/20/09)

Toshiba Value Added Package (TVAP) for Windows 7/Vista (64) (Version 1.2.27_64 - Released 09/03/09)

-Jerry
mlau09

Hi

I have a similar problem with my media buttons not working.  But I have a different model - Toshiba Satellite A300-034.  I tried to look up the TVAP on my own and download it, but when I tried to do it I came up with an error message when my computer tried to install it.  I'm not sure if it's because I couldn't find my specific model in the list - I figured as long as it was for the A300 series it would be close enough.

Can you please assist me?

Thanks,

Mel

Frequent Advisor
civicman4

you wont find the drivers here for your canadian model. this is the US site. this is the link to the toshiba canada support for you drivers. you will need the part number off of the bottom or your laptop.

toshiba canada

hope that helps

-civicman4-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post all info about your laptop and version of windows. We are working on it but still do not have the powers to read your mind.
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite A300-034 (PSAG0C-03401C)

Mel, you should obtain your Toshiba drivers and utilities from the Canadian support site.

Your TVAP is this one.

Toshiba Value Added Package for Windows Vista 64 bit, 1.1.14, 8/5/2008

TOSHIBA Value Added Package-V1.1.14.zip

-Jerry
mlau09

Thanks for your quick response!  It didn't occur to me to look up a Canadian website. 

I downloaded the file you provided, but my media buttons still aren't not working.  They don't even light up when I press on it.  Do you have any other suggestions? 

taryneb

I have tried all 3 of the TVAPS and none of them have worked. The lights stay on even when the computer is off, and they are still not working. Any more suggestions?

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

mlau09 wrote:..

If you uninstall and then reinstalled, I have no other suggestions. Sorry.

-Jerry
Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

taryneb wrote:...

Sorry, I don't know what else might help with that. If you figure it out, please let us know.

-Jerry
Occasional Builder
KennethTan

I've got a similar problem.

The top 6 media buttons stopped working. The lights still work and dimm upon tuch, but no action.

Only the Volume up and down work.

(Toshiba qosmio x500)

Kenneth Tan Photography
aahill

[ Edited ]

(Satellite A505-S6005)

I was having the exact same problems where my media buttons and touchpad button would light-up and "beep", but the only buttons to actually work were my (-) & (+) volume controls.

The TVAP (Toshiba Value Added Package) uninstall / reinstall approach worked perfectly for me.

Good luck!

- AA

ESCservices

Hey I own a Electronic support Service and maybe I can help taryneb you said that your lights stay on when your PC is off.  You can try to reset your buttons by doing this.  Go to start then click on all programs then Toshiba then HW setup.   After the program opens go to the button setting tab.  Next disable the top one, click apply than restart when PC restarted go back to HW setup and Activate It restart and that might work.  If not try killing your world clock battery sounds scary but its not.  Turn off your Pc remove battery and power cable press and hold power button then only plug in the power cable, turn on PC without battery log into windows then put battery back in. That might also fix your problem.   I also have the same problem but only my volume buttons work the rest don't. I have a Toshiba satellite a660-st2n01

Mike, ESC services

faisal369

Dear sir,

I have been facing a strange problem with my Toshiba Satellite A300-1ph laptop. Actually i formatted the original vista os and installed 32 bit windows 7. after that my multemedias keys were not working but by laptop get muted/ un-muted autmotically without touching any button. its  really annoying. then i installed TVAP and i configurred buttons, still i am facing the same problem. now i have again uninstalled the TVAP but prblem exist.... plz help

xxmanuelvaldesx

I uninstalled the toshiba added value pack form the control panel, restarted the laptop, reinstalled the driver, restarted again and the media buttons on the side of my qosmio worked perfectly. Definately works. I think its a problem involving entries in the registry....missing entries IDK
sat2

I got a 2 week old Toshiba satellite P750 series laptop

I had identical problem that just the volume +/- buttons used to work on my Toshiba satellite.

I downloaded exe from the following link

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/tc20098700a.exe from

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/downloadDetail.jsp?soid=3184961&pf=true

without uninstalling previous version of TVA Package, I installed this exe.

After a restart the access buttons for Wifi, mute, play/pause started working  as normal.

Hope this information is useful to someone else. 

thanks for the support from other members on the forum