keardou

M200 Pen Driver

I have a M200 Portege with Windows XP Table 2005 SP3 installed and I can not get the pen to move the mouse. I am able to get the pen to work with the pen buttons on the right side of the screen, but the pen will not move the mouse on the screen. What driver do I need to get the pen to actually move the mouse on the tablet screen. I also have noticed that the Pen Control Panel is not available in the Windows XP Table Control Panel.

Please help.

Thanks,

Douglas Kearney

Angels

Re: M200 Pen Driver

im having this problem too. find answers?

keardou

Greetings,

No One has responded to the post. I am still stuck and would have thought someone would have been able to help. I will update you if I get anything further.

Regards,

Doug

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Nothing to say, Doug.

You don't tell which Portege M200. What is the part number? Which country?

-Jerry
keardou

[ Edited ]

United States and Part No. PPM21U-16QKV459

It says Portege M200 System Unit.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Portege M200-S218TD (PPM21U-1963K4) - Go here for drivers.

Portege M200 (PPM21U-021YD4) - Go here for drivers.

Do the specs above look similar to yours? They should, since the part-number family is the same. Because of that, the drivers and utilities should be the same.

I can not get the pen to move the mouse

I don't know anything about Tablet PC's. So you'll need to pick and chose what to reinstall yourself.

Good luck!

-Jerry
keardou

Thanks Jerry, but still not control for the mouse pointer with the pen. I have tried to load the panel and it does not show up in the selection for control panels. Not really sure what to do next.

Thanks,

Doug

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Sorry, I can't help with that. Seems to me that should be built into Windows XP Tablet Edition.

Perhaps running the System File Checker would fix it.

Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe)

-Jerry
simoxking

hi
the screen and pen on the portege m200 needs the wacom pen and tablet driver
just go to wacon.com
the specific driver you need is this one

Driver 5.05-7 for Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit), XP & 2000

to find it search drivers, input windows version and then scroll down and selet tablet pc then search, should be the top driver in the list.
the 5.05-7 driver works 100%on my win xp m200, i am NOT  running the windows xp tablet version only normal windows xp sp3 and i have all the features like touch screen with pen, rotation, touch mouse pad etc  working on it.
hope this helps someone