Occasional Contributor
iaoear

Left Mouse Button Broken

Hi, the left mouse button on my Toshiba A665-S5170 laptop broke last night. It feels like it came out of place or something and is just very loose. I can still use it to click and I have an external mouse I can use but it's more than a little annoying that a machine that's only 11 months old has already broken (even if a minor issues).

Anyway, my question is whether or not this is an easily fixable problem and whether it's even worth it to have Toshiba fix it? It's under warranty for another month but I've heard of people with this similar issue sending away their laptops (which I'd rather not to anyway) only to be told the issue was their fault and not a design flaw. Also, does anyone know what the turnaround time would be if I did have to send it away? Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.

Peter

Re: Left Mouse Button Broken

Turn around time can vary drastically depending on a variety of factors, including the availability of parts. It can't hurt to call customer support at (800) 457-7777 and see what they say though! They should be able to let you know whether it would be covered.

- Peter
Occasional Contributor
iaoear

Thanks for the reply. I've called that number a handful of times the past few days and gone through every option they give in the menu but none of them lead me to talk to someone about the problem. I finally got a representative yesterday but she told me I had called the wrong department and said she would transfer me, and then hung up. I've contacted a couple of shops near me and it seems as though the part itself is 150 bucks, plus labor it'd be around 300 to get it fixed. Might just be a better idea to get a good wireless mouse instead. Last time I buy Toshiba though. Support is lousy.

elej

[ Edited ]

same problem, will add this on here. posted this in another section, but more relavant here.

Hi, I can't figure out what my exact model number is. Following the instructions here, I know my model is a Satellite C650, Part number : PSC08A-03R01F, Serial number: XXX. Can't figure out the second part of the model number (eg. BT211 part in C650-BT211), that I need in order to use the toshiba help site or find spare parts in the 'national depot'. It might have been under my laptop if it's there, but one of the stickers I have (left side closes to me) has peeled off. Thanks.

ps. If anyone can direct me to a solution to my original problem, it is even better. My left mouse click button has died (currently switched to left-handed mouse, to use unaffected right click button). It has been slightly more than a year, so my warranty is over (about 3 months ago). Anyone might direct me to where I might repair it, or else buy the spare part and direct me to a guide to show me how to replace it? Thanks

edited to remove serial number

Peter

elej, your model appaers to be from Australia. As such, it won't be listed on this site because this is the US site.

- Peter
elej

thanks, got my model number on another thread. thx, didnt realise i was on the US page, came here from a google search.