tbaker105
Accepted Solution

Laptop Satellite M645 Media Buttons Not Responding

For some reason the media buttons or touch sensitive buttons above the keyboard are not working. The volume works but none of the others do. I am unable to turn my wifi on because of this. Please post solutions! thanks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Re: Laptop Satellite M645 Media Buttons Not Responding

Sometimes resetting the computer fixes that. With the battery and AC adapter removed, close the Power switch for 30 seconds.

Re-attach those, press the Power button to turn the computer on, and then immediately press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is displayed. Press F9 to restore the BIOS default settings, press F10, and then select Yes (Exit Saving Changes). The computer will restart.

Always tell which Satellite M645 you have when you post here. There is a label on the bottom.

-Jerry
tbaker105

it is a model  s4070, and im not very computer literate but im not exactly sure what you mean by closing the power, could you elaborate. thanks.

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Satellite M645-S4070

It means hold the power button in

-Jerry
tbaker105

i followed the instructions, but did not get any results. the touch buttons are still unresponsive, besides the volume control, none work. Any other suggestions??

tbaker105

I managed to find the solution. I download Toshiba Value Added Package(v1.3.19_64; 09-30-2010; 48.16M)

Everything is back to normal it seems. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and i will definately come back if any more issues come up.

-TB

Ace Advisor
Jerry_Lippey

Glad you got it fixed. That would have been my next suggestion.

-Jerry
msilva

i have the same problem i have a m645-s4110 i tried both ways and did not work, restting the bios turn the led' lights on while the computer was booting but when i loged in they went back off, and when i downloaded the say software the he did it did not do anything 

kyalo

Mine is M645- S4063 and the media buttons and touch pad had failed... I solved the touchpad by reinstalling the driver, but the touch panel only works the volume keys and nothing else. I tried the reseting with the battery off, I tried installing the value added package, but all nothing works for me... any help here?

Freeze

I had the exact same problem with my media buttons, only the volume worked and my wifi was stuck on off. I downloaded the TVAP (Toshiba Value Added Package), specifically the flashcard driver for my specific model. I had to uninstall the current one first and then reinstall the package afterwards. What kept messing mine up was AVG registry cleaner, it took a couple months of doing that over and over til I found the culprit. So hopefully this info will help, I learned it the hard way. P.S.............Norton360 Registry cleaner does not mess it up..Go figure.