sunkota

L745 Keyboard problem - skipping letters/slow

This laptop is only about a month old and te keyboard is very slow and often skips letters.  I searched around and it sems to be a common problems with Toshiba laptops.  I can remove the battery and it helps but the problem comes back.  I saw on theforums that there was a fix for other models - will they work for he L745?

sunkota

Re: L745 Keyboard problem - skipping letters/slow

I contacted Toshiba support and they had me remove the battery, unplug, startup with F2, F9 (reset) and F10 to save - seems to fix it for about a day.  If I do the exercise once a day it seems to help.  So - will I ever buy a Toshiba laptop again?  I don't think so.

Josephb76

Re: L745 Keyboard problem - skipping letters/slow

first, I too own an L745 and have had similar keyboard problems. I am pretty disturbed bout how Toshiba is not addressing this problem.

No brainer problems like this in Windows is the reason that I changed over to Mac two years ago for 99% of my computing. I mean REALLY... if you cant fix your keypboards, you're worthless.

That said, here's a partial fix that restored my use of the bad latters tht were screwing up.

Goto Control Panel/Keyboard and set your SPEED slider to the LEFT completely. Hit APPLY.

Somehow this restored my bad keys 99%.

Still problematic but now I am less inclined to toss the laptop out through my window!

good luck!