redwing19
Accepted Solution

Keyboard or Keyboard controller bad?

I have a Sat. A215-S7416 and the keyboard does not function properly. About 85% of the keys don't work. When I hit the "x" key xB appears, "v" key v4 appears, "b" key g appears etc... This not a software issue as it happens in a Linux text editor as well as Windows Vista. So, my question is this a bad keyboard or is the keyboard controller bad on the system board. BTW, an external USB keyboard functions flawlessly. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Frequent Advisor
Pensacola_Tiger

Re: Keyboard or Keyboard controller bad?

[ Edited ]

redwing19 wrote:

I have a Sat. A215-S7416 and the keyboard does not function properly. About 85% of the keys don't work. When I hit the "x" key xB appears, "v" key v4 appears, "b" key g appears etc... This not a software issue as it happens in a Linux text editor as well as Windows Vista. So, my question is this a bad keyboard or is the keyboard controller bad on the system board. BTW, an external USB keyboard functions flawlessly. Any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Impossible to determine if the keyboard or the controller is bad without further troubleshooting.  First step would be to replace the keyboard.