Carl81

Keyboard has started to go haywire

I have the satellite C855D-S5359 and this morning when I woke up I opened my laptop and attempted to type in my password to sign on to comp. but keyboard wasn't working. The cap lock button worked fine but the letters and numbers didn't. So I rebooted the comp and everything seemed fine and I was able to sign on. Then about an hr into surfing the web my keyboard stopped working midsentence while I was typing in something on yahoo. Again I rebooted and it seemed fine. I left home and came back, opened my comp. up and attempted to sign on and again the letters and numbers on my keyboard didn't work. Please help. I need this laptop to take my bar exam next week and it's my only option at this point. The laptop is less than two weeks old and should not be doing any of this.

Peter

Re: Keyboard has started to go haywire

Turn off your laptop, unplug all wires, remove the battery, and hold the power button for thirty seconds. Afterwards, reattach the battery and connections.

If that doesn't work, it may be a hardware failure of some sort. You should exchange it or contact customer support at (800) 457-7777.

You could also try an external keyboard for the time being.

- Peter